India vs New Zealand: A fresh start for Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Napier: Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan played some scintillating knocks in 2013. While Dhawan made an impressive debut against Australia at Mohali, Rohit Sharma became the third Indian to score a double century in ODIs. But after their failure against South Africa on seaming conditions, all eyes would be on these two batsmen against the Kiwis.
The Proteas bowlers bowled a barrage of bouncers to Dhawan throughout the series, and the left-hander was dismissed most of the times while playing an awkward shot. Rohit on the other hand couldn`t live up to the expectations after slamming a century in his debut Test against West Indies.
On the Proteas soil, Team India managed to show some teeth as Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane played some significant knocks. But the onus would be on these two batsman against New Zealand, where India do not have an impressive record.
It`s high time both these batsmen prove that their brilliant knocks in India weren`t fluke, and they have it in them to excel under overseas conditions as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world