Is it time for MS Dhoni to handover Test captaincy to Kohli?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: MS Dhoni is undoubtedly the most successful Indian skipper of all time with two World Cup`s trophies under his belt. But when it comes to the longest format of the game – Test cricket – India haven`t enjoyed much of a success under him. As a skipper, Dhoni has failed to lead the team from the front, specially during the overseas tours.
Since June 2011, when India beat West Indies in Jamaica, India haven`t won a single Test while playing abroad. If we go by facts and figures, in the last 11 Tests that India have played on foreign soil, they lost nine and managed to draw two out of them. It also includes, the shameful 0-4 series defeats on their tours to England and Australia -- all under the captaincy of Dhoni.
There were chances in the past when India have had an upper hand in a few matches but they failed to capitalise, and eventually those matches were either ended in a draw or India lost them. In fact, in the recently concluded two-match Test series in New Zealand, India had dominated the proceedings during the Wellington Test for first three days, but once again lost the golden opportunity to win the Test as the match finally ended in a draw.
Dhoni has completely failed to deliver as Test skipper. And now its high time India selectors should handover the Test captaincy to Virat Kohli, who has been consistently scoring runs in all formats of the game. This change in captaincy might also change the fortunes of Team India, when next time they play a Test series out of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga
- Avoided choosing 'populist course', opted for 'more difficult path': PM Narendra Modi
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone