Is it time for MS Dhoni to take some harsh decisions?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: MS Dhoni is arguably the most successful Indian skipper of all times. He has successfully led the team to many ODI wins. But since the time, Team India toured South Africa in December 2013, failures have marred its reputation to an extent. Critics have started raising fingers on Dhoni for backing few players who haven`t been performing consistently, especially at a time when handful of promising players are waiting in the wings.
Two players who have been consistently given a chance by Dhoni, despite their below par performance are Ishant Sharma and Suresh Raina. These two are quite senior in the Indian team and have been playing for more than five years. If we see their performance in the recent past they haven`t really done anything noteworthy. But they haven`t been dropped from any of the series` that India played recently.
At a time when players like Stuart Binny, Ishwar Pandey and Ambati Rayudu are still waiting for their chances to prove their mark at international level. Also, when a player of Gautam Gambhir`s stature is struggling to make a comeback, even after scoring decently at domestic level, it doesn`t seem to be a right decision from Dhoni`s end to back the non-performers to such an extent.
Considering the fact that 2015 World Cup is just a year away, it`s high time for Dhoni to try and explore some other options as well. In case, his Plan A fails, he will at least have options to choose from a talented lot when India visit the Trans-Tasman nations in 2015 to defend their title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon