Is it time for MS Dhoni to take some harsh decisions?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: MS Dhoni is arguably the most successful Indian skipper of all times. He has successfully led the team to many ODI wins. But since the time, Team India toured South Africa in December 2013, failures have marred its reputation to an extent. Critics have started raising fingers on Dhoni for backing few players who haven`t been performing consistently, especially at a time when handful of promising players are waiting in the wings.
Two players who have been consistently given a chance by Dhoni, despite their below par performance are Ishant Sharma and Suresh Raina. These two are quite senior in the Indian team and have been playing for more than five years. If we see their performance in the recent past they haven`t really done anything noteworthy. But they haven`t been dropped from any of the series` that India played recently.
At a time when players like Stuart Binny, Ishwar Pandey and Ambati Rayudu are still waiting for their chances to prove their mark at international level. Also, when a player of Gautam Gambhir`s stature is struggling to make a comeback, even after scoring decently at domestic level, it doesn`t seem to be a right decision from Dhoni`s end to back the non-performers to such an extent.
Considering the fact that 2015 World Cup is just a year away, it`s high time for Dhoni to try and explore some other options as well. In case, his Plan A fails, he will at least have options to choose from a talented lot when India visit the Trans-Tasman nations in 2015 to defend their title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Sensex zooms 485 points to 7-month high; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark
- VHP accuses UP government of polarising people
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- State BJP, Congress, Left to boycott Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in, Arun Jaitley to attend
- Jibe at Subramanian Swamy? Arun Jaitley says he disapproves of personal attack on Raghuram Rajan