Is it time for MS Dhoni to take some harsh decisions?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: MS Dhoni is arguably the most successful Indian skipper of all times. He has successfully led the team to many ODI wins. But since the time, Team India toured South Africa in December 2013, failures have marred its reputation to an extent. Critics have started raising fingers on Dhoni for backing few players who haven`t been performing consistently, especially at a time when handful of promising players are waiting in the wings.
Two players who have been consistently given a chance by Dhoni, despite their below par performance are Ishant Sharma and Suresh Raina. These two are quite senior in the Indian team and have been playing for more than five years. If we see their performance in the recent past they haven`t really done anything noteworthy. But they haven`t been dropped from any of the series` that India played recently.
At a time when players like Stuart Binny, Ishwar Pandey and Ambati Rayudu are still waiting for their chances to prove their mark at international level. Also, when a player of Gautam Gambhir`s stature is struggling to make a comeback, even after scoring decently at domestic level, it doesn`t seem to be a right decision from Dhoni`s end to back the non-performers to such an extent.
Considering the fact that 2015 World Cup is just a year away, it`s high time for Dhoni to try and explore some other options as well. In case, his Plan A fails, he will at least have options to choose from a talented lot when India visit the Trans-Tasman nations in 2015 to defend their title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city