Mohammed Shami shines for Team India, once again
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Auckland: Mohammed Shami, the new swing sensation of India, once again came out with a fiery spell on the third day of the first Test to prove his credentials, for one more time.
In the first session of the third day, India, who were at 130 for four at stumps on day two, lost their six wickets in quick successions and were bundled out on 202 to concede a lead of 301 runs. But when India came to bowl, Shami was right on the money from the word go. He provided India a breakthrough in the very first over by trapping Rutherford in front of the wicket, for a fourth-ball duck, as a result of a perfect display of swing bowling. Then in the very next over, Shami scalped another wicket in form of PG Fulton, who went for a drive and gave a simple catch to Jadeja at short cover.
The Bengal seamer didn`t stop there. In the 13th over of the innings, he got the better of dangerous batsman Corey Anderson. It was a beauty by Shami, that went through the gates of the left-hander. Shami created an early havoc in the Kiwi camp by his swing and played the lead role in bundling out the home side for mere 105 runs.
The experienced Indian seamer Zaheer Khan also bowled in tandem with Shami and picked up two crucial wickets of Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor before Ishant Sharma rattled the tail by scalping three wickets.
Zaheer later praised Shami. “He`s a great prospect for Team India and has had some brilliant performances. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a match-winner, ” Zaheer told to PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened