New Zealand have an edge over India in Test series
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Indian team is scheduled to play their first Test of New Zealand tour on Thursday in Auckland at Eden Park. It`s a two-match Test series between two nations who are quite contract in their rankings. If, the Black Caps are ranked eighth in the ICC Test rankings, then the visitors are holding the number two spot.
But all these factors doesn`t matter much, once the match starts. And after thrashing one of the top ranked teams, India, 4-0 in the five-match ODI series, the Kiwi have made this fact quite clear.
The home side has the momentum with them which might help it in the Test series as well. On the other hand, India haven`t performed well in Test matches for quite some time, especially while playing overseas. Though MS Dhoni & Co, performed decently in their last tour to South Africa, while facing one of the most fearsome bowling attacks in contemporary cricket. But failed to draw the series against the top ranked Test team and lost it 1-0.
In fact, New Zealand legend Richard Hadlee also believes that the Black Caps have a upper hand in the two-match Test series against India. “Let`s face it, they are a very, very good side, but at the moment we might go in a little bit as favourites because we`ve got a roll on at the moment," Hadleee told to Radio Sport.
How to deal with the short pitch stuff is still a big issue for Indian batsmen. Poor form of Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma, in the recent past, in all the formats of the game is also somewhere hurting India badly.
Now it would be interesting to see whether NZ keep their domination intact or India will bounce back and justify their rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared