Raina injures elbow in nets ahead of 3rd ODI
Auckland: Indian batsman Suresh Raina was today rendered a doubtful starter for the must-win third one-dayer against New Zealand here tomorrow after injuring his elbow during a practice session.
"Raina was hit on the left elbow while batting in the nets today. He was taken for a precautionary x-ray and he is fine. He has a soft tissue damage and we will asses his fitness tomorrow before the game," Indian team manager Dr R N Baba said.
India trail the five-match series 0-2 after defeats in Napier and Hamilton. Raina`s form has been a concern on the tour as he has so far scored 18 and 35 in the previous two matches.
India have to win tomorrow to remain alive in the series, which would be followed by two Tests next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users