Raina injures elbow in nets ahead of 3rd ODI
Auckland: Indian batsman Suresh Raina was today rendered a doubtful starter for the must-win third one-dayer against New Zealand here tomorrow after injuring his elbow during a practice session.
"Raina was hit on the left elbow while batting in the nets today. He was taken for a precautionary x-ray and he is fine. He has a soft tissue damage and we will asses his fitness tomorrow before the game," Indian team manager Dr R N Baba said.
India trail the five-match series 0-2 after defeats in Napier and Hamilton. Raina`s form has been a concern on the tour as he has so far scored 18 and 35 in the previous two matches.
India have to win tomorrow to remain alive in the series, which would be followed by two Tests next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt