Raina injures elbow in nets ahead of 3rd ODI
Auckland: Indian batsman Suresh Raina was today rendered a doubtful starter for the must-win third one-dayer against New Zealand here tomorrow after injuring his elbow during a practice session.
"Raina was hit on the left elbow while batting in the nets today. He was taken for a precautionary x-ray and he is fine. He has a soft tissue damage and we will asses his fitness tomorrow before the game," Indian team manager Dr R N Baba said.
India trail the five-match series 0-2 after defeats in Napier and Hamilton. Raina`s form has been a concern on the tour as he has so far scored 18 and 35 in the previous two matches.
India have to win tomorrow to remain alive in the series, which would be followed by two Tests next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY