Ross Taylor riding high on scintillating form going into Test series against India
Wellington: New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor has reportedly exhausted all the batting superlatives and comparisons with his country`s legend Martin Crowe following his consistent heroics against West Indies and India this winter.
In 14 international innings in New Zealand this winter, Taylor scored 908 runs, boosted by his back-to-back centuries and man of the match awards in Hamilton and Wellington and his 20-hour marathon for 495 runs in five Test innings against West Indies was backed up in nine home ODIs where he averaged 51.62.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the former captain will go into the upcoming Tests against India at a career-high world ranking of three, while his ODI ranking also moved to 10th, closely followed by the similarly dominant Kane Williamson at a career-best 11th.
Taylor said that he just tries to be consistent across all three formats as possible by keeping his routine and his mindset as simple as possible and sticking to the gameplan for as long as he can, adding that although he is aware that he can bowl as well, he believes that with the new ODI rules, it is not necessary to bowl as much.
However, the report said that the only thing stopping Taylor`s momentum in the next fortnight is the impending arrival of his second child, due during the second Test in Wellington, which will hand his teammate Jesse Ryder a Test recall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing