India vs New Zealand, 2nd Test Day 1: Statistical highlights
Bangalore: Statistical highlights after day one of the second cricket Test between India and New Zealand on Friday.
New Zealand have posted 300 runs or more on the first day of a Test match for the first time on Indian soil.
With his magnificent 113 off 127 balls, Ross Taylor became the second New Zealand skipper to record a hundred in a Test match in India. Glenn Turner was the first to record the feat - 113 at Green Park, Kanpur in 1976-77.
Taylor is one of the five New Zealanders to register three centuries against India - the other four being Jesse Ryder, John Wright, Bert Sutcliffe and Graham Dowling.
Taylor`s captain`s knock is his second century overseas in Tests. He had recorded an unbeaten 154 against England at Old Trafford in 2008.
Taylor has registered a superb strike rate of 88. 97 - the highest by a New Zealand skipper in Tests, eclipsing Martin Crowe`s 88.42 (107 off 121 balls) against Sri Lanka at Colombo, SSC in 1992-93 (minimum qualification: 100).
Taylor`s seventh century in Tests (third against India) is his second as New Zealand skipper. His first two hundreds against India were recorded in New Zealand - 151 at Napier and 107 at Wellington - both in 2009.
Taylor and Daniel Flynn shared a stand of 107 - New Zealand`s highest fourth-wicket stand against India in India. The partnership is the fourth highest for New Zealand against India in Tests.
Pragyan Ojha has become the first Indian specialist spinner to open the bowling in a Test match.
Two non-regular spinners had opened Indian bowling in a Test match previously - Polly Umrigar against Pakistan at Lahore in January 1955; M.L. Jaisimha against England at Kanpur in February 1964 and against New Zealand at Hyderabad (Fateh Maidan) in October 1969.
Ojha (4/90) has registered his best bowling figures against New Zealand. Ojha`s figures are his best at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, eclipsing the 3 for 57 against Australia in October 2010.
Doug Bracewell (30 not out off 61 balls) has recorded his second highest score in Tests - his highest ever is 39 against the West Indies at North Sound this year.
Kruger van Wyk (63 not out off 85 balls) has registered his first half-century in Tests.
Martin Guptill has registered his 12th fifty in Tests - his second against India.
Guptill`s splendid 53 off 79 balls is his second highest score against India - his highest is 85 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in 2010-11.
Brendon McCullum has posted his 11th duck in Tests - his first duck against India.
Bracewell and Wyk have shared an unbroken stand of 82 - New Zealand`s fifth highest seventh wicket partnership in India. Bert Sutcliffe and Bruce Taylor had shared a 163-run partnership at Eden Gardens, Kolkata in March 1965 (their highest in India).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation