India vs New Zealand Day 2: Statistical highlights
Hyderabad: Statistical highlights of the second day`s play in the first Test between India and New Zealand on Friday.
• Cheteshwar Pujara`s brilliant 159 off 306 balls is the second highest score at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal. Brendon McCullum (New Zealand) had recorded 225 against India in November 2010.
• Pujara`s 159 is the fifth highest by India`s number three batsman - the highest is 223 by Polly Umrigar at Fateh Maidan, Hyderabad in November 1955.
• Pujara`s knock is the seventh highest first century by an Indian batsman in Tests.
• Jeetan Patel (4/100) has bowled quite well to take four wickets - his best bowling figures against India.
• Patel has captured four wickets or more in an innings three times - his only five-wicket haul being - 5/110 vs West Indies at Napier in 2008-09.
• Patel`s figures of 4 for 100 are the second best by a New Zealand bowler at Uppal. Daniel Vettori had captured 5 for 135 in 2010-11.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s 73 off 147 balls is his 25th fifty in Tests.
• Dhoni has been maintaining an average of fifty-plus against New Zealand - his tally being 372 runs in eight innings at an average of 53.14.
• Pujara and Dhoni have shared a stand of 127 - the third highest sixth-wicket partnership for India against New Zealand. The said stand is the highest sixth wicket partnership at Uppal.
• Of the top five stands for the sixth wicket for India against New Zealand, Dhoni figures in three - one each with Dravid, Pujara and Tendulkar.
• India (438) have posted their second highest total at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal. In the 2010-11 Hyderabad Test, they had made 472 against New Zealand.
• Zaheer Khan`s tally of five ducks is the most in India-New Zealand Tests. With his 26th duck in Tests, he has extended his Indian record in Tests.