3rd ODI: India vs South Africa - Statistical Highlights
Centurion: Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final cricket one-dayer between India and South Africa here.
• South Africa have defeated India in all four bilateral series against India in South Africa in ODIs.
• South Africa (301/8) have posted their second highest total against India in ODIs in South Africa - their highest is 358 for four at Johannesburg on December 5, 2013.
• The aforesaid two totals are the only 300-plus recorded by South Africa vs India in South Africa.
• India became the first team to concede 300 runs or more in an innings ten times in a calendar year.
• Quinton de Kock was adjudged the Player of the Series - his first such award in ODIs.
• De Kock has posted his third hundred vs India - his fourth in ODIs. He has established a record for the highest run-tally in a bilateral series consisting of three ODIs, bettering the 330 (ave. 330.00), including two centuries against England in 2013.
• De Kock became the third South African player and the fifth to post hundreds in three consecutive innings. Pakistan`s Zaheer Abbas and Saeed Anwar and South Africa`s Herschelle Gibbs and Abraham de Villiers had previously accomplished the feats.
• De Kock`s tally of three centuries is a record by a South African batsman against India in South Africa in ODIs, obliterating Hashim Amla`s tally of two.
• Overall, 15 instances of a batsman scoring three hundreds in a series have been recorded in ODIs. Kock is the only one to achieve the distinction in only three innings.
• De Kock is the second batsman after Paul Stirling to register four hundreds in ODIs before attaining the age of 21.
• Ishant Sharma (4/40) has recorded his second best bowling figures in ODIs behind the 4 for 38 against Australia at Melbourne on February 10, 2008. His figures are the best by an Indian bowler at SuperSport Park, Centurion, obliterating the 4 for 42 by Zaheer Khan against New Zealand on March 14, 2003.
• Ishant became the second Indian bowler to capture four wickets in an innings against South Africa in South Africa in ODIs. Munaf Patel had claimed 4 for 29 at Johannesburg on January 15, 2011.
• Ishant Sharma became the 16th Indian bowler to complete 100 wickets or more in ODIs.
• Ishant has taken 100 wickets in 70 games - the fifth fastest by an Indian bowler, next only to Irfan Pathan (59), Zaheer Khan (65), Ajit Agarkar (67), Javagal Srinath (68).
• Abraham de Villiers has recorded his third hundred vs India - his 16th in ODIs.
• De Villiers, during the course of his aforesaid innings, has completed his 3000 runs in ODIs in South Africa - his tally being 3057 (ave.50.11) in games. He became the fourth South African player after Jacques Kallis (5186), Graeme Smith (3640) and Herschelle Gibbs (3556) to amass 3,000 runs or more in ODIs in South Africa. He remains the only one batsman to have averaged fifty-plus in ODIs in South Africa (minimum qualification: 3000 runs).
• De Villiers and Kock have shared a stand of 171 - a fourth-wicket partnership record for South Africa against India in ODIs, outstripping the 154 between Hansie Cronje and Gary Kirsten at Sharjah on April 14, 1996.
• The above stand is South Africa`s highest for the fourth wicket in ODIs.
• Two centuries in the same innings have been registered for the fourth time for South Africa vs India.
• Two centuries have been recorded in the same innings in successive games for the first time for South Africa vs India.
• David Miller`s first fifty against India is his sixth in ODIs. All his fifty-plus innings have been recorded by him batting first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda