BCCI trying to send Test specialists early to South Africa
Mumbai: The BCCI is keen to send Test specialists, including seasoned fast bowler Zaheer Khan, to South Africa earlier than scheduled for acclimatisation if logistics work out in its favour.
"We are trying to send not only Zaheer but all others in the Test squad too who are not part of the ODI team early to South Africa. The issue is logistics over the number of available hotel rooms," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel told PTI on Saturday.
Zaheer Khan, opener Murali Vijay, one-down batsman Cheteshwar Pujara, reserve wicket keeper Wridhiman Saha and left arm spinner Pragyan Ojha are part of only the Test squad picked by the selection committee on November 25.
"Zaheer will leave one or two days later," informed Mumbai Cricket Association`s secretary Nitin Dalal, making it clear that the left arm pace bowler would not be available for champions Mumbai`s subsequent league games in Ranji Trophy.
The ODI squad comprises 16 members, including limited overs specialists Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Mohit Sharma and Amit Mishra, while the Test team is made up of 17 players.
The ODI squad is set to depart from here on December 1 night. The ODI series commences on December 5 ends with the third and final game on December 11 followed by the two-Test series from December 18 to 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'