Broadcaster`s `rib-tickling` Kohli coverage irks Duncan Fletcher
Johannesburg: South African television broadcaster SuperSport has fallen foul of coach Duncan Fletcher and others in the Indian cricket team management over repeat coverage of the `rib-tickler` star batsman Virat Kohli received from Proteas strike bowler Dale Steyn, according to reports.
According to Sport24, the broadcaster has since defended their stance.
The on-field incident happened during the first one-day international at the Wanderers last week, although it was rescreened during SuperSport`s live coverage of the eventually abandoned third and final clash at Centurion on Wednesday, the report said.
Writer Neil Manthorp who doubles as a TV commentator himself has reported on Wisden India`s website that during the closing fixture the Indian management were `offended` by the rerun of Kohli copping a delivery in the ribs on the lively Bullring track, the report added.
Also shown again was footage of Kohli later clutching an ice pack to the blow on the dressing room balcony, and then rehearsing the pull stroke during a net session, the report further said.
An accompanying caption to the sequence apparently read: `Kohli - softened up,` the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you