In-form Shikhar Dhawan looks to scale new peaks in South Africa
Mumbai: In-form India opener Shikhar Dhawan is looking forward to play on the bouncy tracks during next month`s tour of South Africa and feels the conditions there are suitable to his aggressive style of batting.
"I personally feel the bouncy track suits my game. And we have been playing good cricket for a long time now and we are really confident.
"As a team we are gelling very nicely. All boys are confident, I am confident, too, about myself. I have been performing well and looking forward to extend that purple patch a long way," Dhawan told reporters here today.
India are to start the tour with a best-of-three ODI series against the hosts starting December 5, which would be followed by a two-match Test rubber from December 18.
The left-handed Delhi batsman, who spoke on the sidelines of a promotional event, exuded confidence about the team performing and winning the series against the Proteas in their backyard.
"We are all very confident going into the South Africa series that we will do well. We did well in England. Even in the West Indies we did well and our aim will be do well in South Africa and win the series."
A few months ago, Dhawan went to South Africa with the India `A` team and scored a smashing 248 against South Africa `A` in a List `A` game. The 27-year old said that experience would stand him in good stead on the upcoming visit.
"I went to South Africa before (with India `A`). So you have the advantage of having played on these pitches and performed well. I can take confidence from that (as) the pitches there will be good.
"They have bouncy tracks which will be helpful for the bowlers and good for the batsmen. Our shots and preparation will be according to the pitch," the left-hander said.
"I play according to the wicket. I assess the wicket and then play my game. Of course, I am a stroke player so I am going to play my shots and back myself, whatever strength I have and play my game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey