In-form Shikhar Dhawan looks to scale new peaks in South Africa
Mumbai: In-form India opener Shikhar Dhawan is looking forward to play on the bouncy tracks during next month`s tour of South Africa and feels the conditions there are suitable to his aggressive style of batting.
"I personally feel the bouncy track suits my game. And we have been playing good cricket for a long time now and we are really confident.
"As a team we are gelling very nicely. All boys are confident, I am confident, too, about myself. I have been performing well and looking forward to extend that purple patch a long way," Dhawan told reporters here today.
India are to start the tour with a best-of-three ODI series against the hosts starting December 5, which would be followed by a two-match Test rubber from December 18.
The left-handed Delhi batsman, who spoke on the sidelines of a promotional event, exuded confidence about the team performing and winning the series against the Proteas in their backyard.
"We are all very confident going into the South Africa series that we will do well. We did well in England. Even in the West Indies we did well and our aim will be do well in South Africa and win the series."
A few months ago, Dhawan went to South Africa with the India `A` team and scored a smashing 248 against South Africa `A` in a List `A` game. The 27-year old said that experience would stand him in good stead on the upcoming visit.
"I went to South Africa before (with India `A`). So you have the advantage of having played on these pitches and performed well. I can take confidence from that (as) the pitches there will be good.
"They have bouncy tracks which will be helpful for the bowlers and good for the batsmen. Our shots and preparation will be according to the pitch," the left-hander said.
"I play according to the wicket. I assess the wicket and then play my game. Of course, I am a stroke player so I am going to play my shots and back myself, whatever strength I have and play my game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family