India vs South Africa 2013: Durban Test, Day 3 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Read our exclusive interview with Pat Symcox who says: Jacques Kallis is the greatest cricketer that has ever lived»
Read our full coverage on: JACQUES KALLIS` RETIREMENT»
South Africa, 1st innings
UPDATE: Once again, the day's play has been curtailed by rain and the proceedings will once again begin a little early tomorrow.
Over 104.5|| Score 299/5
The play has once again been interrupted by rain and the players have walked off the field. JP Duminy was the fifth batsman to be dismissed as he was trapped in front of the wicket by Ravindra Jadeja, who has been brilliant throughout the day. The ball spun and hit Duminy on the pads, that would have gone to hit the leg stump. Dale Steyn is the new man in and Jacques Kallis is playing a determined innings at the other end.
Jacques Kallis 78* (224b) Dale Steyn 0* (7b)
JP Duminy lbw b Jadeja 28 (82b)
Over 95 || Score 283/4
Duminy and Kallis are watchful now since the wicket is assisting the spinners a lot. Every now and then, Jadeja is bowling a brilliant delivery. South Africa have added 24 runs in the last ten overs. Kallis is batting on 71 and even though Duminy is looking vulnerable at times, he has managed to put on 43 runs for the fifth-wicket partnership with Kallis.
Over 85 || Score 259/4
JP Duminy and Jacques Kallis have now added 109 runs for the fifth-wicket partnership and they are batting with ease for the time being. No boundaries were scored in the last five overs and Dhoni is currently bowling Ravindra Jadeja and Rohit Sharma from both the ends.
Over 80 || Score 251/4
Meanwhile, Jacques Kallis played a cut shot off Jadeja to reach his 59th Test half-century in his last Test match. That boundary received a huge cheer from the crowd. It has been a patient innings from the legendary all-rounder and it would be a fitting farewell if he manages to reach three figures.
Jacques Kallis 54* (122b) JP Duminy 5* (12b)
Over 75 || Score 245/4
Ravindra Jadeja picked his third wicket of the innings when he invited AB de Villiers to reach out of his crease to defend his delivery, and while doing so AB edged it to Virat Kohli at first slip. It was a big wicket considering the fact that AB was scoring the most of the runs. In the same over, AB played a brilliant reverse-sweep off Jadeja for a boundary through third man. The wicket ended the 127-run partnership for the fourth wicket. JP Duminy is the new man in, Kallis looking good on 48.
AB de Villiers c Kohli b Jadeja 74 (161m 117b)
Over 70 || Score 226/3
India continue to hunt for their fourth breakthrough as AB and Kallis continue to extend their wait. There was a run-out chance missed by India when AB worked the ball on the leg-side and was late in running towards the non-striker's end. These two have added 113 runs for the fourth wicket now.
AB de Villiers 66* (107b) Jacques Kallis 42* (114b)
Over 65 || Score 213/3
AB and Kallis have continued the good work post lost and both these batsmen are looking in no sort of hurry. Kallis, playing in his last Test match, is looking determined to play a big knock after a poor first Test, while AB de Villiers has continued his good form.
Over 57 || Score 181/3
Lunch.The first session of the day is over. If the first part of the session belongs to India, as their bowlers managed to pick three quick wickets, the second one was dominated by Jacques Kallis and AB, as they once again took the South African innings back on the track by adding 68 runs for the fourth wicket and are still at the crease. The hosts are still trailing by 153 runs in the first innings but have seven wickets in hand.
Over 50 || Score 168/3
After losing three quick wickets in the morning, senior pros in the team – Jacques Kallis and AB Villiers – have stated stitching a solid partnership for the fourth wicket. Both are playing sensibly at the moment and are not losing any opportunity to collect a boundary. This partnership is crucial for South Africa. Indian skipper MS Dhoni is changing his bowlers as he doesn't want these two to settle down. In fact he gave the ball to Rohit Sharma in the 48th over. Both the batsmen are looking solid and have already completed 50 runs partnership for the fourth wicket. India should break this partnership as quickly as possible, otherwise India will find themselves in deep trouble.
Over 37 || Score 119/3
Double blow for South Africa and India is right back into the game. First, Mohammed Shami rattled the off-stump of to Amla and then in the next over Jadeja took the wicket of set batsmen Petersen. Shami has once again proved that he can give even the best of the batsmen a run for their money. Jadeja is also looking dangerous at the moment. Meanwhile, spectators gave a warm welcome to Jacques Kallis, whereas Indian team gave him a guard of honour when he came to the crease, as he is playing his last test Match. AB de Villiers is playing on six and Kallis is still to open his account.
AN Petersen c Vijay b Jadeja 62 (100b)
HM Amla b Mohammed Shami 3 (24m 18b)
Over 30 || Score 107/1
I Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja have started the bowling proceedings of the day for India. Both the bowlers conceded boundaries on their first balls of the day. Meanwhile, Petersen completed his fifty in style by hitting a boundary off Jadeja. With a single of the last ball of 26th over, the hosts crossed the mark of 100 runs. Smith Out. Jadeja gave India the first breakthrough of the day and this innings. Smith tried to launch Jadeja for a maximum over midwicket, but didn't connect it well and Shikhar Dhawan took a wonderful running catch. Smith got out after scoring 47 runs. Hashim Amla walked into the middle after the fall of first South African wicket.
GC Smith c Dhawan b Jadeja 47 (120m 81b)
Today, as the Durban Test enters all important third day, once again, the onus will be on Indian bowlers to avoid giving the host any lead. So, the Indian bowling unit lead by experienced Zaheer Khan should take a leaf out of Dale Steyn`s performance.
Durban: Speedster Dale Steyn produced a fiery spell to rock the Indian batting line-up with a six-wicket haul as visitors squandered the overnight advantage to be bowled out for 334 on a rain-hit second day of the second cricket Test against South Africa here on Friday.
At stumps on Day 2, South Africa raced to 82 for no loss with skipper Graeme Smith batting on 35 in company of Alviro Peterson who has smashed his way to 46 off 61 balls with seven boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview