India vs South Africa: Ravindra Jadeja looking forward to silence critics with a five-for
Durban: Left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja would like to go all out for his elusive fifth wicket tomorrow which will be an answer to his critics who had said that he can only perform on sub-continental tracks that offer turn.
Jadeja was the pick of of the Indian bowlers as he scalped four for 87 in South Africa`s total of 299 for five at stumps on the third day.
"Critics have always said that I can only spin the ball while playing in India. It was my dream to come to South Africa and take five wickets in a Test innings. I have got four at the moment. So I am hoping I can come back tomorrow and pick another one and show my critics that I can spin the ball here as well," Jadeja told at the post-match press conference.
The aggressive tone in his voice could not be missed, especially since he was the stand-out bowler for his side on the day, when the quicker bowlers failed to support him enough.
"I was just trying to bowl in the right areas. There is a rough forming for the left-arm spinner so I was trying to exploit that as well. The odd ball was turning and I was thinking of not giving them any room and bowling stump to stump," Jadeja said.
When asked specifically, if he missed bowling in tandem with another spinner, given that the pitch is so dry, he deflected the question.
"Wickets back in India are different. You can play two spinners there because there is turn and bounce. Here, we get only foot marks to work with. Also it is very difficult for the spinners with the Kookaburra ball. So I think one spinner is enough in the playing XI," he replied.
Jadeja inflicted huge damage on the Proteas' batting line-up, accounting for Graeme Smith, Alviro Petersen, AB de Villiers and later JP Duminy. He struck at difficult times and broke partnerships, proving to be a boon for the Indian team.
"I think AB's (de Villiers) wicket was the most crucial one because they were batting very well. We need to get early wickets in the morning so we can get enough time to bat well in the second innings and put a decent total in the second innings as well. We need to come back tomorrow and get Jacques Kallis quickly," he said.
Jadeja's good show means that chances of Ravichandran Ashwin making it into the playing XI during the next series in New Zealand also looks pretty bleak.
"I only found out on Day one of the Test, ahead of the toss that I am playing," said Jadeja, of his first inclusion in the Indian XI in an overseas Test match.
India had delayed taking the second new ball on his account, but that could be crucial on the fourth morning.
"You will have to ask the captain that," Jadeja said, smiling, when asked if India would take it straight-away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'