India vs South Africa: Statistical highlights of 1st Test, Day 2
Johannesburg: Statistical highlights of the second day`s play in the first cricket Test between India and South Africa here.
# AB de Villiers has taken four catches -- his best performance as a wicketkeeper in a Test innings vs India.
# Jacques Kallis has registered a golden duck for the second time in Tests. His first duck vs India is his 16th in Tests.
# Kallis has managed just 160 runs in 10 innings at an average of 16.00 this year -- his worst performance in a calendar year in Tests when he has played at least two Tests.
# Ishant Sharma (3/64) has recorded his best bowling figures against South Africa in South Africa in Tests.
# Alviro Petersen, in his last 10 innings, could not record a fifty.
# Morne Morkel (23-12-34-3) has bowled quite well to record an economy rate of 1.47. The performance is his best in a Test innings when he has bowled at least 20 overs.
# Zaheer Khan took his tally of ducks to 28 in Tests for India, extending his unwanted record.
# Vernon Philander`s excellent figures of four for 61 are the second best by a South African bowler against India at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg behind the four for 39 by Shaun Pollock in 2006-07.
# Graeme Smith (68) has recorded his eight fifty against India -- his 38th in Tests.
# Zaheer has dismissed Smith seven times in 10 Tests -- 14 times in international cricket. No other bowler has dismissed him more than 10 times in international cricket.
# The last three Indian batsmen had failed to score in a Test innings for the fifth time.
# India have dismissed four out of the top five players lbw in a Test innings five times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand