India vs South Africa: Virat Kohli misses out on another record by four runs
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: Stylish Indian cricketer Virat Kohli has now made it a habit to break records in every series. But he missed on another feat, when the right-hander was dismissed by JP Duminy for 96 runs on the fourth day of the first Test match against South Africa in Johannesburg.
Had Kohli scored four more runs, he would have become the only fourth Indian to score a century in each innings of a Test. Vijay Hazare, Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid are the only three Indian batsmen to have done so in the past.
Kohli followed his century in the first Test with another brilliant knock and he stitched a massive 222-run partnership for the third-wicket partnership with Cheteshwar Pujara that put India in a commanding position.
It is for the second time that Kohli has been dismissed in nineties in recent time, as he was dismissed on 99 against West Indies in the recently concluded ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO