India vs South Africa: Virat Kohli misses out on another record by four runs
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: Stylish Indian cricketer Virat Kohli has now made it a habit to break records in every series. But he missed on another feat, when the right-hander was dismissed by JP Duminy for 96 runs on the fourth day of the first Test match against South Africa in Johannesburg.
Had Kohli scored four more runs, he would have become the only fourth Indian to score a century in each innings of a Test. Vijay Hazare, Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid are the only three Indian batsmen to have done so in the past.
Kohli followed his century in the first Test with another brilliant knock and he stitched a massive 222-run partnership for the third-wicket partnership with Cheteshwar Pujara that put India in a commanding position.
It is for the second time that Kohli has been dismissed in nineties in recent time, as he was dismissed on 99 against West Indies in the recently concluded ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional