India vs South Africa: What`s wrong with Dale Steyn?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Durban: Indian batsmen continue to dominate in the two-match Test series against South Africa and a major reason behind the hosts` struggle has been the failure of Dale Steyn.
The South African spearhead picked just one wicket in the first innings of the first Test and went wicketless in the second. In the first Test, the Proteas pacers were criticised for not making the Indian batsmen play to most of their deliveries.
Steyn, who was the No.1 bowler in Tests is now ranked second after his teammate – Vernon Philander, moved ahead of him with a brilliant show in the first Test. Philander was the pick of the bowlers for South Africa at Wanderers, as he scalped seven wickets from two innings.
Even in the second Test, Steyn failed to make an impact on day 1 as he bowled 16 overs but went wicketless. India were 181/1 when bad light stopped play and the only wicket was picked by Morne Morkel who made a spectacular comeback from his ankle injury.
In his last few overs, Steyn did manage to intimidate the set pair of Cheteshwar Pujara and Murali Viay with a barrage of bouncers but the speedster is yet to take his second wicket of the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga
- Avoided choosing 'populist course', opted for 'more difficult path': PM Narendra Modi
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone