India vs South Africa: What`s wrong with Dale Steyn?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Durban: Indian batsmen continue to dominate in the two-match Test series against South Africa and a major reason behind the hosts` struggle has been the failure of Dale Steyn.
The South African spearhead picked just one wicket in the first innings of the first Test and went wicketless in the second. In the first Test, the Proteas pacers were criticised for not making the Indian batsmen play to most of their deliveries.
Steyn, who was the No.1 bowler in Tests is now ranked second after his teammate – Vernon Philander, moved ahead of him with a brilliant show in the first Test. Philander was the pick of the bowlers for South Africa at Wanderers, as he scalped seven wickets from two innings.
Even in the second Test, Steyn failed to make an impact on day 1 as he bowled 16 overs but went wicketless. India were 181/1 when bad light stopped play and the only wicket was picked by Morne Morkel who made a spectacular comeback from his ankle injury.
In his last few overs, Steyn did manage to intimidate the set pair of Cheteshwar Pujara and Murali Viay with a barrage of bouncers but the speedster is yet to take his second wicket of the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Chhatisgarh to ban commercial vehicles over 10-12 years old
- Arvind Kejriwal wants Brexit-style referendum on full statehood for Delhi
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
- BJP's alliance with Akali Dal will continue in Punjab: Jha
- Don't restrict yourself: Priyanka Chopra's message to youth