India vs South Africa: What`s wrong with Dale Steyn?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Durban: Indian batsmen continue to dominate in the two-match Test series against South Africa and a major reason behind the hosts` struggle has been the failure of Dale Steyn.
The South African spearhead picked just one wicket in the first innings of the first Test and went wicketless in the second. In the first Test, the Proteas pacers were criticised for not making the Indian batsmen play to most of their deliveries.
Steyn, who was the No.1 bowler in Tests is now ranked second after his teammate – Vernon Philander, moved ahead of him with a brilliant show in the first Test. Philander was the pick of the bowlers for South Africa at Wanderers, as he scalped seven wickets from two innings.
Even in the second Test, Steyn failed to make an impact on day 1 as he bowled 16 overs but went wicketless. India were 181/1 when bad light stopped play and the only wicket was picked by Morne Morkel who made a spectacular comeback from his ankle injury.
In his last few overs, Steyn did manage to intimidate the set pair of Cheteshwar Pujara and Murali Viay with a barrage of bouncers but the speedster is yet to take his second wicket of the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray