Morne Morkel posts ‘injured ankle’ pic on Twitter
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: A day after Grade I ligament tear ruled out Proteas fast bowler Morne Morkel from the first Test between India and South Africa, he posted a picture of his injured ankle on Twitter thanking fans who wished him for a speedy recovery.
Morkel has been advised rest for around 10 days. He tweeted.
Thanks for the messages.. Luckily I strap my ankles before we go out... pic.twitter.com/f5Y4dXivnc
— morne morkel (@mornemorkel65) December 21, 2013
The South African side was dealt a crucial blow as the injury might rule out Morne from the `Boxing Day` Test in Durban starting December 26 as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’