MS Dhoni leads ICC ODI team, no place for in-form Virat Kohli
Mumbai: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named captain of the International Cricket Council`s (ICC) ODI Team of the Year.
It also features his teammates Shikhar Dhawan and Ravindra Jadeja.
Seven countries are represented in the 12-man line-up and only one player - Dhoni - finds a place in the side for the sixth consecutive year.
The 2013 Champions Trophy-winning captain from India will lead the side which includes Sri Lanka`s Kumar Sangakkara and Lasith Malinga.
Performances over Aug 7, 2012 to Aug 25, 2013 were considered before selecting the team.
The side was chosen by a specially-appointed selection panel chaired by ICC Cricket Committee chairman and former India captain Anil Kumble.
Kumble was joined on the panel by former Pakistan fast bowler and captain Waqar Younis, former England captain and wicketkeeper Alec Stewart, former South Africa batsman and current Hall of Famer Graeme Pollock, and former New Zealand women’s player Catherine Campbell.
The ODI Team of the Year:
Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL)
Shikhar Dhawan (Ind)
Hashim Amla (SA)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
AB de Villiers (SA)
MS Dhoni (Ind, captain and wicketkeeper)
Ravindra Jadeja (Ind)
Saeed Ajmal (Pak)
Mitchell Starc (Aus)
James Anderson (Eng)
Lasith Malinga (SL)
12th Man: Mitchell McClenaghan (NZ)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?