Opening day of India`s practice game abandoned
Benoni: The opening day of the practice match between the Indians and the South African Invitation XI squad was on friday called off without a ball being bowled due to the wet outfield here.
The two-day match, the only practice game scheduled before India`s Test series against South Africa next week, will now be a one-day affair.
Team India will have a practice session using the match pitch due to the abandonment on friday.
Both teams will then return tomorrow and hope for a 9am start.
It is a setback to the Indian team, which was already endured a 0-2 drubbing in the three-match ODI series.
The ODIs concluded on Sunday with the final match being a wash-out.
The two-match Test series is set to start on December 18 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra