Opening day of India`s practice game abandoned
Benoni: The opening day of the practice match between the Indians and the South African Invitation XI squad was on friday called off without a ball being bowled due to the wet outfield here.
The two-day match, the only practice game scheduled before India`s Test series against South Africa next week, will now be a one-day affair.
Team India will have a practice session using the match pitch due to the abandonment on friday.
Both teams will then return tomorrow and hope for a 9am start.
It is a setback to the Indian team, which was already endured a 0-2 drubbing in the three-match ODI series.
The ODIs concluded on Sunday with the final match being a wash-out.
The two-match Test series is set to start on December 18 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri
- Malegaon blasts: Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Sadhvi Pragya
- Bengaluru's first woman taxi driver found dead, no suicide note found