South Africa name unchanged squad for India Test series
Durban: South Africa have made no changes to their Test squad for the two-match series against India starting December 18, retaining the 15 who drew the away series against Pakistan in October.
Graeme Smith, who was released from the ODI squad to prepare for the Tests, will lead the side in the series starting December 18 in Johannesburg.
"We were very happy with the performance of the Proteas in the second Test match at Dubai," Andrew Hudson, the selection convener, said.
"We see no need to change something that is operating well."
The South Africans are currently on a roll having beaten India in the first two ODIs of an ongoing three-match series.
The Test squad features four fast bowlers in Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Vernon Philander and Rory Kleinveldt, and two spinners in Robin Peterson and Imran Tahir.
Thami Tsolekile is the reserve wicketkeeper in the side to back up AB de Villiers, who is currently leading the ODI team.
The second Test will be played in Durban, from December 26.
South Africa Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers (wk), JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Dean Elgar, Imran Tahir, Jacques Kallis, Rory Kleinveldt, Morne Morkel, Alviro Petersen, Robin Peterson, Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn, Thami Tsolekile (wk).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000