Virat Kohli laments missing twin hundreds
Johannesburg: Star batsman Virat Kohli Sunday lamented missing out on twin centuries in both the innings as India eked out a thrilling draw in the first Test against South Africa at the Wanderers here.
Kohli, who was Man of the Match for scoring 119 and 96 in both innings, said touring South Africa is always a big challenge for India.
"It (South Africa tour) is the biggest challenge. Tour of England, Australia and South Africa are the biggest test for young subcontinent side. I didn`t feel too good, I had been playing patiently and get to those three figures. A hundred in both innings would have been perfect, but I was happy with 96," said Kohli.
The Delhi boy admitted that the team didn`t get too much time to prepare but said visualising was important.
"Visualising is important. We didn`t get too much time to prepare. We had time to get those net sessions in as we didn`t have time to do that in the one-dayers and the guys felt a lot more comfortable about the game and conditions," he said.
Kohli was all praises for Cheteshwar Pujara, who struck 153 in the second innings. Kohli and Pujara stitched a 222-run stand for the third-wicket in the second innings that helped India get 450.
"He has been another Wall for us at No.3. It was great batting out there with him. Unfortunately I was the culprit in his run out in the first innings and hopefully we have more such partnerships in the future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert