Zaheer Khan, Cheteshwar Pujara leave for South Africa
Mumbai: Senior India pace bowler Zaheer Khan and prolific batsman Cheteshwar Pujara left here by an early morning flight to South Africa along with three other players well ahead of the two-Test series against the hosts.
Khan, Pujara, opener Murali Vijay, reserve wicketkeeper Wridhiman Saha and leg-spinner Amit Mishra could not go with the ODI squad as planned due to logistical problems like visa, according to Cricket Board secretary Sanjay Patel.
These were sorted out to enable the five players to depart for South Africa two days later.
The quintet has been sent to South Africa well ahead of the start of the Test series on December 18 at Johannesburg to help them acclimatise to the trying conditions.
The Test team members get a chance to prepare for the much-awaited series through a two-day warm-up tour game at Benoni against a South Africa Invitation XI
India are to start the tour with the first ODI at Johannesburg tomorrow with the third and final match to be held on December 11 at Centurion after which the ODI specialists would return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon