Zaheer Khan, Cheteshwar Pujara leave for South Africa
Mumbai: Senior India pace bowler Zaheer Khan and prolific batsman Cheteshwar Pujara left here by an early morning flight to South Africa along with three other players well ahead of the two-Test series against the hosts.
Khan, Pujara, opener Murali Vijay, reserve wicketkeeper Wridhiman Saha and leg-spinner Amit Mishra could not go with the ODI squad as planned due to logistical problems like visa, according to Cricket Board secretary Sanjay Patel.
These were sorted out to enable the five players to depart for South Africa two days later.
The quintet has been sent to South Africa well ahead of the start of the Test series on December 18 at Johannesburg to help them acclimatise to the trying conditions.
The Test team members get a chance to prepare for the much-awaited series through a two-day warm-up tour game at Benoni against a South Africa Invitation XI
India are to start the tour with the first ODI at Johannesburg tomorrow with the third and final match to be held on December 11 at Centurion after which the ODI specialists would return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway