Zaheer wants Indian bowlers to make adjustments on South African pitches
Benoni: Veteran speedster Zaheer Khan, who will be spearheading the Indian pace attack in the two-Test series, feels that one needs to make some adjustments on the "hit the deck" kind of surfaces in South Africa having done bulk of the bowling on the sub-continental featherbeds.
"For a seam bowler, it is important to get the ball in the right areas. The wickets here are more on the sort of hit-the-deck kind of wickets. That adjustment you will probably have to make as a bowler coming from India," the 35-year-old said during a press conference on the eve of India`s warm-up game against SA Invitational XI.
A veteran of 88 Tests, Zaheer has been a part of both the Indian teams that won a Test match each during their previous tours of 2006-07 and 2010-11 respectively. On the first occasion, it was a comeback tour for the talented left-arm pacer when they won a Test match under Rahul Dravid`s captaincy in Johannesburg. On the second occasion, it was a victory in Durban under MS Dhoni`s leadership.
Incidentally, India`s both Tests will be held at these two venues and Zaheer`s mantra is "self-belief".
"First of all, you have got to back yourself and play good cricket. For any team to do well anywhere, you need to have good days together and keep coming back all the time and have the belief. So I would say that was our success mantra during the earlier tours and this tour also we will look to do the same," Zaheer said.
This is a new beginning for Zaheer, who was dropped due to poor form and fitness that affected his performance during the home series against England.
"I am very happy that finally, I am making a comeback. This is definitely the beginning of a new journey for me which I am definitely going to enjoy," Zaheer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?