India vs Sri Lanka: Statistical highlights
Brisbane: Statistical highlights of the tri-series cricket match between India and Sri Lanka, here on Tuesday.
• Thisara Perera (4/37) produced his third best bowling performance in ODIs - the best being 5 for 28 against India at Dambulla on August 22, 2010.
• Perera has bagged four wickets or more in an innings three times in ODIs.
• Thisara is the second bowler to capture four wickets for Sri Lanka at Gabba. Muralitharan was the first to accomplish the feat - 4 for 27 against Australia on January 15, 2003.
• Thisara has captured 9 wickets at 16.44 - his best in a bilateral series/tournament.
• Lahiru Thirimanne (62 off 62 balls) has recorded his highest score against India - his second fifty in ODIs.
• Thirimanne`s above innings is his second best in ODIs. He had made 69 against South Africa at Johannesburg on January 22, 2012.
• Tillakaratne Dilshan and Mahela Jayawardene have shared a stand of 95 for the opening wicket - Sri Lanka`s highest against India in Australia.
• Tillakaratne Dilshan (51) registered his ninth fifty against India - his 26th in Limited-Overs International.
• In his last 30 innings in international cricket, Sachin has not registered a hundred.
• Sachin has taken his tally against Sri Lanka to 3068 (ave.44.46) in 82 matches - his highest against any side, bettering his aggregate against Australia - 3063 at an average of 45.04 in 70 ODIs.
• Virat Kohli (66 off 83 balls) has registered his 20th fifty in ODIs - his seventh against Sri Lanka.
• In losing cause, Kohli has recorded one century and seven fifties in ODIs.
• Irfan Pathan`s magnificent 47 off 34 balls is his highest innings in ODIs in Australia, bettering the 31 against Sri Lanka at Adelaide on February 19, 2008
• Nuwan Kulasekara has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the third time in ODIs - all are against India.
• Kulalsekara`s brilliant figures of 3 for 40 are his best in Australia in ODIs, surpassing the 2 for 32 against Australia at Adelaide on January 26, 2006.
• Sri Lanka`s magnificent 51-run victory is their second in 12 ODIs at Gabba. South Africa had lost by 94 runs to Sri Lanka at this venue on January 17, 2006.
• Gambhir, with 222 (ave.44.40) in five matches, is the third top-scorer in the present competition. The top run-getters are David Hussey (244 at 81.33) and Chandimal (226 at 56.50).
• Irfan Pathan has taken his wickets` tally to eleven at 26.90 runs apiece in seven ODIs at Gabba - the highest for India at this venue.
• Virender Sehwag has recorded his 14th duck in ODIs - his fourth against Sri Lanka.
• Sehwag has posted 0 & 219 against West Indies followed by 0 against Sri Lanka in his last three innings as captain.
• Sri Lanka (289/6) have registered their highest total against India in Australia, eclipsing the 238 for six at Adelaide on February 19, 2008. The said total is their highest at Gabba, surpassing the 282 for six against South Africa on January 17, 2006.
• Chandimal has totalled 226 runs at an average of 56.50 in five matches - the most by a Sri Lankan in the present tournament.
• Angelo Matthews` well-compiled unbeaten 49 off 37 balls is his best against India in Australia.
• Jadeja has taken just one wicket at an average of 233.00 in the CB series 2011-12 - his strike rate being 256.0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him