Statistical highlights: India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the third one-dayer between India and Sri Lanka here.
• Suresh Raina (65 not out off 45 balls) recorded his 23rd half-century in ODIs - his seventh against Sri Lanka.
• Raina`s strike rate of 144.44 is his fourth highest and the highest against Sri Lanka in an innings in ODIs when he has posted a fifty-plus innings.
• Raina`s innings is his highest in ODIs in 2012 - his aggregate being 391 at an average of 39.10 in 14 innings, including three fifties.
• Raina is the 10th Indian batsman to complete 1,000 runs against Sri Lanka in ODIs, totalling 1053 at an average of 33.96 in 45 matches.
• Angelo Matthews registered his 11th fifty in ODIs - his second against India.
• Matthews` unbeaten 71 off 57 balls is his second highest score against India, next only to the 75 at Bulawayo on May 30, 2010.
• Matthews` superb strike rate of 124.56 is his best when he has recorded at least a fifty.
• Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli put on 105 - India`s fourth century partnership for the second wicket against Sri Lanka at Colombo, RPS
• Gambhir`s 102 off 101 balls is his second century at Colombo RPS - his highest is 150 against Sri Lanka on February 5, 2009.
• Gambhir recorded his 11th century in ODIs - his sixth against Sri Lanka.
• India (288 for five) registered the highest successful chase at Colombo (RPS), outstripping their record of 271 for two against England on September 22, 2002.
• India`s score is the highest successful chase by a team against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.
• The score is the second highest successful chase by a side in Sri Lanka - the highest is 289 for four by Sri Lanka against Pakistan at Dambulla on August 3, 2009.
• Jeevan Mendis` unbeaten 45 is his second highest score in ODIs - the highest is 48 against England at Old Trafford on July 9, 2011.
• Matthews and Mendis have shared an unbroken stand of 104 off 72 balls - Sri Lanka`s highest sixth-wicket partnership against India in Sri Lanka - the highest for Sri Lanka for this wicket-position.
• Mahela Jayawardene`s 17th half-century against India is his 68th in ODIs.
• Kumar Sangakkara posted his 73rd fifty in ODIs - his 16th against India.
• Jayawardene and Sangakkara have added 121 - Sri Lanka`s highest for the fourth wicket against India. The pair became the first Sri Lankan pair and the fourth to register 30 century stands or more in international cricket.
• Sangakkara-Jayawardene pair has emulated the feat of Marvan Atapattu and Sanath Jayasuriya for sharing 14 century partnerships. (A Sri Lankan record).
• Gambhir is the fourth player to record six centuries or more against Sri Lanka in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar (8), Saeed Anwar (7) and Adam Gilchrist (6).
• For the first time, Rohit Sharma has registered two ducks in a row. He has posted five ducks against Sri Lanka - eight in ODIs.
• Raina and Pathan were associated in a stand of 92 (unbroken) - India`s second highest against Sri Lanka for the sixth wicket. Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina had added 106 at Dhaka on January 13, 2010.