Statistical highlights: India vs Sri Lanka T20I
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 11:17
India vs Sri Lanka
Pallekele: Statistical highlights of the lone Twenty20 match between India and Sri Lanka here.
• Irfan Pathan has been adjudged the Man-of-the-Match for the second time in T20Is - his first award was against Pakistan for claiming 3 for 16 at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Pathan is the top wicket-taker for India in T20Is - 20 wickets at 23.30 runs apiece in 18 matches.
• Pathan captured the wickets of the top three batsmen for the first time in a T20I.
• Pathan (3 for 27) has recorded his best figures against Sri Lanka - his second best in T20Is, behind the 3 for 16 against Pakistan at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane have shared a partnership of 74 for the second wicket - India`s highest against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• India (155/3) have posted their lowest total against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Sri Lanka (116) have posted the lowest completed innings total in Sri Lanka-India T20Is.
• Ashok Dinda (4/19) has registered his best bowling figures in T20Is.
• Dinda`s above bowling figures are the best against Sri Lanka at Pallekele in T20Is. The said figures are the second best overall Pallekele.
• Ajantha Mendis (SL) had taken six for 16 against Australia on August 8, 2011 - the best bowling performance in T20Is.
• Dinda is the first Indian bowler to take four wickets in an innings against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Dinda`s aforesaid figures are the joint second best for India in T20Is. Zaheer Khan had taken four wickets for 19 runs against Ireland at Trent Bridge on June 10, 2009.
• Rudra Pratap Singh holds an Indian record. He had bagged 4 for 13 against South Africa at Durban on September 20, 2007, which are the best by an Indian bowler in T20Is.
• Pragyan Ojha is the only other bowler to bag four wickets for India in a T20I - 4 for 21 against Bangladesh at Trent Bridge on June 6, 2009.
• Dilshan has posted his first duck against India - his fourth in T20Is.
• Mahela Jayawardene (26) has recorded his highest score against India in T20Is.
• Suresh Raina took his runs` tally to 631 at an average of 33.21 in 26 games - the second highest for India in T20Is behind Gautam Gambhir`s aggregate of 752 (ave.31.33) in 27 matches.
• Raina, with 162 runs at an average of 40.50 in five games, is now the top Indian run-getter against Sri Lanka in T20Is, overtaking the 136 (ave.27.20) in five matches by Gautam Gambhir.
• India`s convincing 39-run victory is their biggest by runs` margin, outstripping the 37-run win against South Africa at Kingsmead, Durban on September 20, 2007.
• Sri Lanka, after winning the first two games against Australia, have lost their first match at Pallekele.
• Shaminda Eranga became the first bowler to take a wicket each in his first over in Tests, ODIs and T20Is.
• Kohli has become the first Indian batsman to record a fifty against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.
• Kohli (68) has recorded his maiden fifty in T20Is.
• Kohli`s above knock is the highest by an Indian player against Sri Lanka in T20Is, surpassing Virender Sehwag`s 64 at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
• Dhoni, with 31 matches as captain, has established a record in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing Paul Collingwood`s tally of 30.
First Published: Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 10:57
myur vaniya - ahemdabad guj...
This was Superb match...and V.K is best for ever
Post your Comments
shahbaz - Delhi
what a compilation. Hat for Indian cricketer.
Post your Comments
Post your Comments
Most liked Comments
Thank for your comment. Your comment will be seen by our moderator..!
India's cricketers and officials pose for a photographers with the winners cup after India beat Sri Lanka in the one-off Twenty20 cricket match in ..»
Copyright © Zee Media Corporation Ltd . All rights reserved