Statistical highlights: India vs Sri Lanka T20I
Pallekele: Statistical highlights of the lone Twenty20 match between India and Sri Lanka here.
• Irfan Pathan has been adjudged the Man-of-the-Match for the second time in T20Is - his first award was against Pakistan for claiming 3 for 16 at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Pathan is the top wicket-taker for India in T20Is - 20 wickets at 23.30 runs apiece in 18 matches.
• Pathan captured the wickets of the top three batsmen for the first time in a T20I.
• Pathan (3 for 27) has recorded his best figures against Sri Lanka - his second best in T20Is, behind the 3 for 16 against Pakistan at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane have shared a partnership of 74 for the second wicket - India`s highest against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• India (155/3) have posted their lowest total against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Sri Lanka (116) have posted the lowest completed innings total in Sri Lanka-India T20Is.
• Ashok Dinda (4/19) has registered his best bowling figures in T20Is.
• Dinda`s above bowling figures are the best against Sri Lanka at Pallekele in T20Is. The said figures are the second best overall Pallekele.
• Ajantha Mendis (SL) had taken six for 16 against Australia on August 8, 2011 - the best bowling performance in T20Is.
• Dinda is the first Indian bowler to take four wickets in an innings against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Dinda`s aforesaid figures are the joint second best for India in T20Is. Zaheer Khan had taken four wickets for 19 runs against Ireland at Trent Bridge on June 10, 2009.
• Rudra Pratap Singh holds an Indian record. He had bagged 4 for 13 against South Africa at Durban on September 20, 2007, which are the best by an Indian bowler in T20Is.
• Pragyan Ojha is the only other bowler to bag four wickets for India in a T20I - 4 for 21 against Bangladesh at Trent Bridge on June 6, 2009.
• Dilshan has posted his first duck against India - his fourth in T20Is.
• Mahela Jayawardene (26) has recorded his highest score against India in T20Is.
• Suresh Raina took his runs` tally to 631 at an average of 33.21 in 26 games - the second highest for India in T20Is behind Gautam Gambhir`s aggregate of 752 (ave.31.33) in 27 matches.
• Raina, with 162 runs at an average of 40.50 in five games, is now the top Indian run-getter against Sri Lanka in T20Is, overtaking the 136 (ave.27.20) in five matches by Gautam Gambhir.
• India`s convincing 39-run victory is their biggest by runs` margin, outstripping the 37-run win against South Africa at Kingsmead, Durban on September 20, 2007.
• Sri Lanka, after winning the first two games against Australia, have lost their first match at Pallekele.
• Shaminda Eranga became the first bowler to take a wicket each in his first over in Tests, ODIs and T20Is.
• Kohli has become the first Indian batsman to record a fifty against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.
• Kohli (68) has recorded his maiden fifty in T20Is.
• Kohli`s above knock is the highest by an Indian player against Sri Lanka in T20Is, surpassing Virender Sehwag`s 64 at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
• Dhoni, with 31 matches as captain, has established a record in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing Paul Collingwood`s tally of 30.