3rd ODI: India vs West Indies - Statistical Highlights
Kanpur: Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final match of the ODI series between India and the West Indies here on Wednesday.
• Shikhar Dhawan`s magnificent match-winning 119 off 95 balls is his career-best score in ODIs, obliterating the 116 off 127 balls vs Zimbabwe at Harare on July 26, 2013.
• Dhawan`s aforesaid hundred is his fifth in his 28th innings, equalling Sri Lanka`s Upul Tharanga`s record.
• Both Tharanga and Dhawan share a record for recording the first five ODI hundreds in least number of innings.
• Dhawan`s tally of six international centuries this year is the highest. His tally of five ODIs hundreds is the highest by any batsman this year.
• Dhawan`s 73-ball century is his fastest in ODIs. He has received his third Man of the Match award - one each vs South Africa, West Indies and Zimbabwe.
• Yuvraj Singh (55) has posted his 51st fifty in ODIs - his fifth vs West Indies.
• After 10 innings, Yuvraj has registered a fifty in ODIs.
• India have won five bilateral series in succession for the first time vs West Indies in ODIs - 2006-07 (3-1), 2009 (3-1), 2011 (3-2), 2011-12 (4-1) and 2013-14 (2-1).
• Further, India have won six series in a row for the second time in ODIs. Between August 2008 and September 2009, they had won six series in succession.
• West Indies have lost their first ODI out of three contested at Green Park, Kanpur in ODIs.
• India`s win at Kanpur is their 50th out of 112 ODIs played vs West Indies (Lost 59, NR 2 and Tied 1) - success % 45.90.
• India (266/5) have registered their highest successful chase at Green Park, bettering the 259 for four vs England on October 25, 1989.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the third batsman to remain unbeaten 50 times in a winning cause in ODIs, joining Michael Bevan (53) and Steve Waugh (50). His brilliant average of 74.57 is the highest among the batsmen with 1000 runs or more in a winning cause in ODIs - his aggregate being 4773 runs in 134 matches.
• Virat Kohli has received the Player of the Series for the third time in ODIs.
• Dhawan and Yuvraj put on a 129-run partnership - the highest for the third wicket at Green Park.
• Ravi Rampaul became the 14th West Indian bowler to complete 100 wickets in ODIs at an average of 29.29 in 80 games.
• West Indies (263/5) have posted their highest total at Green Park, surpassing the 257 for six vs India on October 30, 1994.
• Kieran Powell has registered his fifth fifty in ODIs - his second against India. In his last five innings, he has posted four fifties - the sequence of scores being 79, 57 & 42 vs Zimbabwe and 59 & 70 vs India.
• Marlon Samuels has posted his seventh fifty vs India - his 23rd in ODIs.
• Powell and Samuels were associated in a partnership of 117 for the second wicket - West Indies` highest for any wicket at Green Park in ODIs.
• Darren Bravo has posted his 15th fifty in ODIs - his sixth vs India. He has registered three fifties in the series - 59 at Kochi; 50 at Visakhapatnam and an unbeaten 51 at Kanpur. Ramnaresh Sarwan was the last West Indian batsman to register three fifties in an ODI series - vs India in 2011.
• Eight fifty-plus innings have been registered by the West Indian players - the most by them in a three-game series.
• Twenty two international centuries have been posted for India this year - the highest by any team in 2013, eclipsing Australia`s tally of 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark