After second ton, Ashwin becomes number-one ranked Test all-rounder
Dubai: India`s Ravichandran Ashwin has jumped to the numero uno position in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders by virtue of his stellar show in the first cricket Test against the West Indies at Kolkata.
Ashwin scored 124, his second Test century, and also recorded match figures of 40-11-98-5 to help India register an emphatic innings and 51-run victory over West Indies with more than two days to spare.
The performance at Kolkata not only improved Ashwin`s batting and bowling rankings, but also helped him to leapfrog Shakib Al Hasan and Jacques Kallis into the number-one spot in the all-rounders` list.
Ashwin has earned 81 ratings points and now leads second-placed Shakib by 43 ratings points.
In the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, Ashwin has moved up 18 places to the 45th position, while in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers, the 27-year-old off-spinner has gained two places and is now sitting in sixth position.
Middle-order batsman Rohit Sharma and fast bowler Mohammed Shami, who made impressive debuts in the Kolkata Test, have also entered the Reliance ICC Player Rankings.
Sharma, who became the 14th Indian batsman to score a century on debut when he struck 177, lies in the 63rd spot in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, while Shami`s figures of nine for 118 ? the most by an Indian fast bowler on debut ? has helped him enter in the 53rd place in Test bowlers chart.
West Indies off-spinner Shane Shillingford and India fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar are the other bowlers to improve their rankings.
Shillingford`s figures of six for 167 has put him inside the top 20 in the 17th position for the first time in his career (up by four), while Kumar`s two wickets have helped him move into 87th place (up by 13).
The batting chart continues to be headed by AB de Villiers of South Africa, while his team-mate Dale Steyn is the number-one ranked bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand