Another embarrassment for CAB as Eden’s big screen addresses Tendulkar’s wife as Mr Anjali
Kolkata: After having made a goof-up in spelling Sachin Tendulkar`s name, the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) were in for another embarrasment today when they addressed the batting legend`s wife as "Mr" Anjali in the welcome message on the giant electronic scoreboard.
The CAB`s second goof-up came in as many days when the giant display at the High Court end kept on flashing Welcome "Mr Anjali Tendulkar and Master Arjun Tendulkar" during the lunch break on the opening day of the first cricket Test between India and West Indies.
As Anjali along with son Arjun got into the President`s box around the lunch break, the giant screen flashed the wrong message and it was only after a few minutes that the mistake was realised and corrected, but by then the damage was done.
The CAB, which had already drawn flak for its over-enthusiastic preparations for Tendulkar`s 199th Test, had yesterday misspelt the senior batsman`s name as "Sachine" in a giant billboard.
The CAB had then put the entire blame on a private agency.
The CAB, however, apologised for the goof-up.
"It`s really unfortunate that something or other is happening everyday. We`re helpless now as it`s being looked after by a private agency.
"However, we`re committed to take action against the agency after the match gets over. We apologise for the inconvenience it caused," an apologetic CAB joint secretary Subir Ganguly said today.
Yesterday India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, immediately after entering the press conference, had pointed out CAB`s mistake of misspelling the iconic batsman`s name.
"Pehle ye batao Sachin ki naam ki spelling galat kisne likhi? Yeh bahut bada... (First tell me who misspelt Sachin`s name, It`s a big mistake," was what Dhoni had to say about the billboard that had mentioned: "Celebrating Sachine Tendulkar`s 199th Test match".
The CAB treasurer Biswarup Dey in turn had criticised Dhoni for making an issue out of the spelling mistake.
"He could have told us about the mistake. But it`s not in the interest of captain to see to this," Dey had said.
While 80 school children wearing T-shirts with Tendulkar`s image and 199 written on the back lined up till the dressing room to greet him when he disembarked the team bus, Tendulkar remained calm and went about the routine in a casual manner.
Photo courtesy: DNA/Derek Abraham
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial