India vs Australia 2013: Banglore ODI - Statistical highlights
• James Faulkner and Clint McKay put on 115 -- Australia`s first century stand for the ninth wicket in ODIs. This is the first century stand for the ninth wicket against India in ODIs.
• Australia have produced 1938 runs -- a record in a six-game series in ODIs. Overall both teams scored 3596 runs - a record in a six-match series.
• India (383/6) have posted their highest total against Australia in ODIs, surpassing the 362 for one at Jaipur on October 16, 2013. This total is their seventh highest in ODIs.
• In the last six overs in India`s innings, 115 runs were scored - the most by a team against a Test-playing country in an ODI.
• After a gap of 27 years, India have won a bilateral series against Australia since defeating them by 3-2 in India in 1986-87.
• India`s well-deserved victory by 57 runs is their 40th in 115 matches against Australia (Lost 66 and No Result 9) -- success % 37.73.
• Australia have recorded five scores of 300-plus -- a record in a series in ODIs. Also nine scores of 300 or more, including five of 350-plus is a record.
• 66 sixes by Australia is a new series record in a bilateral series while 41 hit by India is the second highest. 107 sixes in the series by both the teams is a new record in a bilateral series.
• The match has aggregated 709 for the loss of 16 wickets - the second highest in an ODI between India and Australia behind the 721 for six at Jaipur on October 16, 2013.
• 700-plus have been registered in three games in the just concluded series - another first in ODIs.
• For the first time in an innings, 19 sixes were recorded - in India`s innings - a feat emulated by Australia while batting second. In total 38 sixes in the match is a record in ODIs.
• Rohit Sharma became the third player in men`s cricket to record a double century in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar (200 not out vs South Africa at Gwalior on February 24, 2010) was the first to accomplish the feat followed by Virender Sehwag (219 vs West Indies at Indore on December 8, 2011).
• Sharma became the first batsman to register a double hundred vs Australia in ODIs.
• For the first time in a calendar year, Sharma has amassed 1,000 runs -- his tally being 1071 (ave.59.50) in 22 games. He became the fourth batsman to achieve the distinction this year in ODIs -- the other three being George Bailey (1098), Virat Kohli (1033) and Misbah-ul-Haq (1017).
• With 16 sixes, Sharma has established an ODI record for hitting most number of sixes in an innings in ODIs, eclipsing Shane Watson`s tally of 15 sixes during his unbeaten knock of 185 off 96 balls against Bangladesh at Dhaka on April 11, 2011.
• Sharma became the 18th Indian player to manage 3000 runs or more for India in ODIs, aggregating 3049 (ave. 36.73) in 108 matches.
• Sharma`s tally of 491 at an average of 122.75 is a world record for the highest runs` tally in a bilateral series in ODIs. George Bailey`s aggregate of 478 at an average of 95.60 is the second best in a bilateral series in ODIs.
• Apart from two hundreds vs Australia, Sharma has registered one hundred each vs Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.
• Sharma has got his fifth Man of the Match award in ODIs. He has received his third Player of the Series award in ODIs.
• Shikhar Dhawan (60 off 57 balls) has recorded his fifth fifty in ODIs -- his second against Australia.
• Dhawan and Sharma have registered six opening partnerships in ODIs this year - the first pair to accomplish the feat in ODIs. The pair is the first to post six century stands for the opening wicket in a calendar year.
• Three century stands for the first wicket have been recorded for the first time by the same pair against Australia in a series in ODIs.
• With a 18-ball fifty, Glenn Maxwell has emulated an Australian record for the fastest half-century in ODIs. Simon O`Donnell had registered a 18-ball fifty while scoring 74 off 29 balls vs Sri Lanka at Sharjah on May 2, 1990.
• Maxwell`s fifty is the second fastest in ODIs. Sanath Jayasuriya took 17 balls to race to a fifty against Pakistan at Singapore on April 7, 1996. Maxwell`s half-century is the quickest by any batsman vs India in ODIs.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni has recorded his 49th fifty in ODIs -- his fifth vs Australia.
• Dhoni and Rohit have shared a stand of 167 for the fifth wicket - India`s highest vs Australia in ODIs. The stand is also the highest for the fifth-wicket in ODIs in India. The run rate of 10.65 is the third highest in the history of ODIs (minimum qualification 150).
• Clint McKay (10-0-89-1) has recorded an unwanted feat by conceding most runs in an innings by an Australian bowler against India in ODIs.
• Nathan Coulter-Nile (10-0-80-0) has registered his worst bowling performance in ODIs. Two Australian bowlers have conceded 80 runs or more for the second time in an ODI, the first occasion was Shane Watson (88) and Mitchell Johnson (81) against New Zealand at Hamilton on February 20, 2007.
• Vinay Kumar (9-0-102-1) has recorded his worst bowling figures in ODIs -- the first Indian bowler to concede 100 runs or more in an innings. He became the fifth bowler to concede 100 runs or more in an innings in ODIs.
• James Faulkner`s 57-ball century is the fastest by an Australian batsman in ODIs, eclipsing Matthew Hayden`s 66-ball hundred against South Africa at St. Kitts on March 24, 2007.
• Faulkner`s century is his first in ODIs. He became the first Australian number seven batsmen to post a hundred in ODIs. His impressive strike rate of 158.90 (116 off 73 balls) is the highest by an Australian batsman against India in ODIs (minimum qualification: 100).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly