India vs West Indies 2013: Kochi ODI – Statistical highlights
Kochi: Statistical highlights of the first One-dayer of the three-match series between India and the West Indies.
• Rohit Sharma enjoys an outstanding record against the West Indies. His average of 62.07 is the highest in India-West Indies ODIs, his tally being 807 in seventeen innings, including nine fifties.
• Sharma`s splendid 72 off 81 balls is his 20th fifty in ODIs.
• Sharma has recorded five consecutive fifty-plus scores in international cricket -- the sequence being 79 and 209 against Australia in ODIs; 177 and an unbeaten 111 against the West Indies in Tests and 72 at Kochi ODI.
• Sharma`s home record in ODIs is quite impressive - his tally being 1154 at an average of 64.11 in 24 matches, including two hundreds and seven fifties.
• Sharma`s tally of 1143 at an average of 60.15 in 23 matches is the highest by any batsman in ODIs in 2013. The leading run-getters being - Sharma (1143), Virat Kohli (1119), Misbah-ul-Haq (1119), George Bailey (1098) and Kumar Sangakkara (1033).
• India`s victory with 88 balls remaining is their largest in terms of balls to spare against the West Indies in ODIs in India.
• India`s ODI record at Kochi is superb - six wins and two losses out of eight played at Nehru Stadium, Kochi.
• Suresh Raina (3/34) has registered his best bowling figures in ODIs, surpassing the two for 17 vs West Indies at Indore on December 8, 2011.
• Raina`s third duck vs West Indies is his 11th in ODIs.
• Gayle has posted his fifth duck vs India - his 22nd in ODIs.
• Darren Bravo (59 off 77 balls) has posted his fourth fifty - his 13th in ODIs. Bravo`s tally of 673 runs at an average of 35.42 in 21 matches, including a hundred and six fifties, is the highest by a West Indian player in ODIs this year.
• Ravindra Jadeja`s aggregate of 49 wickets at an average of 22.22 in 29 matches is the highest by a bowler in ODIs in 2013, bettering Saeed Ajmal`s tally of 48 wickets at an average of 19.77 in 25 game.
• Jadeja`s performance is his best in a calendar year in ODIs.
• Sharma and Kohli were associated in a second-wicket partnership of 133 - India`s second highest against the West Indies behind the 140 between Virender Sehwag and Suresh Raina at Indore on December 8, 2011.
• Kohli has raced to 5,000 runs in 114 innings, emulating Vivian Richards` feat. Kohli and Richards share a record for reaching 5000 runs in least number of innings.
• Kohli`s match-winning 86 off 84 balls is his 27th fifty in ODIs - his sixth against West Indies. His excellent average of 65.54 in chases is the highest in ODIs (minimum 3000 runs).
• At 25 years 16 days, Kohli is the second youngest batsman to achieve the feat of managing 5000 runs, next only to the 23 years 294 days taken by Sachin Tendulkar.
• Kohli has justifiably received his fifth Man of the Match award against the West Indies - his 17th in ODIs.
• Kohli took five MOM awards this year in ODIs - the most received by him in a calendar year.
• The West Indian opening pair could manage just 85 runs in the last 10 outings vs India in India at an average of 8.50 - the best partnership being 34 between Edwards and Smith at Chennai on March 20, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'