Kanpur to host 3rd India-West Indies ODI: BCCI
New Delhi: The BCCI on Wednesday officially confirmed that the third ODI between India and West Indies will be held at Kanpur`s Green Park Stadium on November 27.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement that the opening two ODIs against the West Indies to be held at Kochi and Vishakhapatnam will be day-night affairs, while the third ODI at Kanpur will be day game.
The third ODI at Kanpur will start at 9:00 am and conclude at 4:45 pm, the statement read.
Kanpur and Baroda were in contention to host the final ODI of the series.
Kanpur`s Green Park Stadium will thus host an international match after three years with the last one being a Test match between India and Sri Lanka which the hosts comfortably won.
Since then Green Park hasn`t hosted a single international match although it remained UP Ranji team`s one of the home grounds till date.
The closest it came to hosting an international game after that was a Test match against Australia earlier this year which was not granted after Cricket Australia`s recce team returned unhappy with its preparations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened