Kanpur to host 3rd India-West Indies ODI: BCCI
New Delhi: The BCCI on Wednesday officially confirmed that the third ODI between India and West Indies will be held at Kanpur`s Green Park Stadium on November 27.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement that the opening two ODIs against the West Indies to be held at Kochi and Vishakhapatnam will be day-night affairs, while the third ODI at Kanpur will be day game.
The third ODI at Kanpur will start at 9:00 am and conclude at 4:45 pm, the statement read.
Kanpur and Baroda were in contention to host the final ODI of the series.
Kanpur`s Green Park Stadium will thus host an international match after three years with the last one being a Test match between India and Sri Lanka which the hosts comfortably won.
Since then Green Park hasn`t hosted a single international match although it remained UP Ranji team`s one of the home grounds till date.
The closest it came to hosting an international game after that was a Test match against Australia earlier this year which was not granted after Cricket Australia`s recce team returned unhappy with its preparations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video