Kulkarni ruled out of ODI series against West Indies
Mumbai: Mumbai pace bowler Dhawal Kulkarni, who earned his maiden national limited-overs call-up just a couple of days back, was on Thursday ruled out of the three-match ODI series against the West Indies after sustaining a foot injury.
The selection committee has picked up R Vinay Kumar as Kulkarni`s replacement in the 15-member squad for the upcoming series starting in Kochi on November 21.
"Dhawal Kulkarni has sustained a foot injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian squad for the Star Plus India v West Indies ODI series 2013," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a release.
On Tuesday, the selection committee had dropped out-of-form pacers Ishant Sharma and Vinay Kumar, and in their place named Kulkarni and Haryana pacer Mohit Sharma.
In 2009, just six months after his first-class debut, Kulkarni had toured New Zealand with India but was not selected for any match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!