Kulkarni ruled out of ODI series against West Indies
Mumbai: Mumbai pace bowler Dhawal Kulkarni, who earned his maiden national limited-overs call-up just a couple of days back, was on Thursday ruled out of the three-match ODI series against the West Indies after sustaining a foot injury.
The selection committee has picked up R Vinay Kumar as Kulkarni`s replacement in the 15-member squad for the upcoming series starting in Kochi on November 21.
"Dhawal Kulkarni has sustained a foot injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian squad for the Star Plus India v West Indies ODI series 2013," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said in a release.
On Tuesday, the selection committee had dropped out-of-form pacers Ishant Sharma and Vinay Kumar, and in their place named Kulkarni and Haryana pacer Mohit Sharma.
In 2009, just six months after his first-class debut, Kulkarni had toured New Zealand with India but was not selected for any match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times