Lara, Aamir Khan extend best wishes to Tendulkar
Mumbai: West Indian cricket icon Brian Lara and Bollywood star Aamir Khan extended their best wishes to `Master Blaster` Sachin Tendulkar, as he wears the `National Blue` for the last time for his 200th Test match on home turf.
Lara said: "I want Sachin to get a lot of runs in this match. But I would also like to see West Indies victory. I would also like to congratulate and (wish) good luck to Shivnarain Chanderpaul ( West Indies cricketer) for his 150th Test match. It is a wonderful occasion, a momentous occasion, and I am happy to be here."
Aamir Khan said: "It is the most exciting day for all of us. India will not be batting today, so everyone is a bit disappointed. But, we will be able to see Sachin play tomorrow. I will definitely be coming tomorrow to see Sachin play. I will not miss it for anything."
Among thousands of Tendulkar fans, Mumbai`s famed `Dabbawalla`s said that the country is proud to have a cricket star like Tendulkar, and as a token of love, our association wants to present him with a Gandhi cap and special lunch box.
Former Indian cricketer, Kirti Azad said: "We have seen him (Sachin Tendulkar) for the past 25 years, and after he retires, it will be very painful for all of us, as he has made us proud many a times. I hope he makes us proud again and scores a double century in his 200th Test match."
Tendulkar is finishing a glittering 24-year career at his home ground, the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
Emotions are running high among cricket fans across India, and many are celebrating his farewell to cricket in their own unique way.
Tendulkar made his debut for India against Pakistan in Karachi in 1989 as a curly-haired 16-year-old. He has scored the most runs in Tests and one-day cricket and his 51 Test centuries and 49 ODI hundreds are also records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH