MS Dhoni inaugurates Sachin Tendulkar pavilion
Kochi: In a tribute to batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, a pavilion in his name was declared open by India captain M S Dhoni at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on Wednesday.
The venue will host the first India-West Indies ODI on Thursday.
The permanent pavilion has scores of Tendulkar photographs, his white jersey with signature, a Mumbai Indians bat signed by him and other players, photos depicting the journey from childhood with a toy bat to various innings in the last 24 years.
Also on display are photographs of Tendulkar with wife Anjali and children Arjun and Sara. Tendulkar`s bat with his signature would soon be displayed at the pavilion, Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) sources said.
The 40-year-old maestro retired on Saturday from international cricket after playing his landmark 200th Test in Mumbai.
After looking around the pavilion, Dhoni described it as `excellent`, KCA President T C Mathew said.
West Indies team`s Operational Manager and former player Richie Richardson, who was also present there, appreciated the effort of those behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon