MS Dhoni inaugurates Sachin Tendulkar pavilion
Kochi: In a tribute to batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, a pavilion in his name was declared open by India captain M S Dhoni at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on Wednesday.
The venue will host the first India-West Indies ODI on Thursday.
The permanent pavilion has scores of Tendulkar photographs, his white jersey with signature, a Mumbai Indians bat signed by him and other players, photos depicting the journey from childhood with a toy bat to various innings in the last 24 years.
Also on display are photographs of Tendulkar with wife Anjali and children Arjun and Sara. Tendulkar`s bat with his signature would soon be displayed at the pavilion, Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) sources said.
The 40-year-old maestro retired on Saturday from international cricket after playing his landmark 200th Test in Mumbai.
After looking around the pavilion, Dhoni described it as `excellent`, KCA President T C Mathew said.
West Indies team`s Operational Manager and former player Richie Richardson, who was also present there, appreciated the effort of those behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble