MS Dhoni takes CAB to task for misspelling Tendulkar`s name
Kolkata: After reportedly annoying Sachin Tendulkar with its over-enthusiastic preparations for his 199th Test, the Cricket Association of Bengal today invited criticism from Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the customary pre-match press conference ahead of the opening Test against the West Indies.
Before the interaction began, Dhoni criticised the CAB for a goof-up in spelling Tendulkar`s name on a giant billboard put up near the electronic scorecard at the High Court end.
"First tell me who has misspelt Sachin`s name inside the stadium? This is a very big (mistake)! It`s there inside the stadium," Dhoni said while pointing out that Sachin had been misspelt `Sachine` by the CAB.
The billboard with the portrait of Tendulkar by Jogen Chowdhury mentioned "Celebrating Sachine Tendulkar 199th Test match", bringing more embarrassment to the CAB.
On Monday, Tendulkar, who is deeply focussed on cricket, appeared unhappy with CAB`s bursting of confetti when he entered the stadium and other arrangements.
The CAB installed of a wax statue, while 80 school children wearing T-shirts with Tendulkar`s image and 199 written on the back lined up till the dressing room to greet the maestro while he disembarked the team bus.
Asked about Tendulkar`s body language, Dhoni said: "You expect me to judge somebody`s body language - There are some things, I leave to you guys to judge."
The CAB, however, denied reports of Tendulkar being unhappy claiming that the reports were baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS