Nation comes to standstill to celebrate 'Sachin Tendulkar' carnival!
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: The Sachin ‘mania’ will rise to its peak beginning Thursday, and why not? It is not every day that a player equivalent to God in the cricket frenzied nation - Sachin Tendulkar plays the last match of his career. Sachin, the nation’s pride has decided to call it quits, and when he bids adieu, it has to be in style.
The Wankhede stadium, where he will play his 200th Test match, will turn in to a fortress from Thursday. India’s top notch politicians, Bollywood stars, former cricketers and many more are expected to join the Sachin fervour that has gripped the nation. With moist eyes and pride, India will see its favourite son play the game for the last time.
The next five days will literally be a ‘Sachin carnival’ all over the country. While some lucky ones, who managed the ticketing glitches will see him play live. Some others will hover around the stadium, to catch a glimpse of their idol. Rest from all parts of the world, will remain glued to the television sets to catch his each and every moment. And don’t get worried if you see teary-eyed spectators in the stadium, the Indians don’t know how their team looks like without Tendulkar.
It will a special moment for the Tendulkar family too. Sachin's mother Rajni Tendulkar will watch him play for the first time. His wife Anjali, kids Arjun and Sara, and brothers are expected to watch him play at Wankhede.
His retirement is a celebration of his illustrious career. He is not retiring; he is leaving a void, a vacuum in the cricketing world that can never be filled. But no, we are not going to mourn his leaving, we will celebrate with him. His cover drives, straight drives, upper cuts, square cuts have made him idol of many; we will want him to show us some magic again. Each Indian, young or old, has had their Sachin Tendulkar moment, so it will a time for some nostalgia.
The laurels the master blaster has brought to the nation are tremendous. His world-wide recognition is evident from the fact the he has got farewell wishes from President Obama and Prince Charles as well.
Sachin Tendulkar, the name is already etched in the history of Indian sports and hearts in golden words. Let’s rejoice with the man, one last time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion