Now onus is on Virat Kohli to fill big shoes of Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Wankhede: Master Blaster Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar finally hung his boots on Saturday after serving the national team for 24-long years, as India won the second and final Test match against the vulnerable West Indian Team by an innings and 126 runs.
Retirement of the batting maestro has left a big void in Indian cricket. It’s almost next to impossible to fill such big boots. But, India certainly need a batsman of his class, who also has hunger for runs like the little master.
And if we look at the current Indian team, then Virat Kohli is the only cricketer who is scoring runs at quick pace in all formats of the game.
Very much like Tendulkar, the 25-year-old has the quality of making even the best of the bowlers look mediocre with his high quality batting. Apart from that he has age on his side and can serve the nation for next ten years or so.
Kohli has the same hunger for runs as it is clearly visible in his stats. So far he has scored 21 international hundreds. Out of which 17 have come in the ODIs (119) and four in the Tests (20). One can hardly find a flaw in his batting.
Kohli has played the spinners and fast bowlers equally well and so far in his short career, the youngster has played many match-winning knocks for the country.
The biggest quality that makes him the successor of legendry cricketer of all time Sachin Tendulkar is his ability to convert his starts into big scores.
So for now it’s the Delhi lad Virat Kohli who can be crowned as the heir of Tendlya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das