Ojha dedicates five-wicket haul to retiring Tendulkar
Mumbai: Left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha on Thursday dedicated his five-wicket haul to retiring batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, who is playing the 200th and final Test match of his illustrious career.
Riding on Ojha`s superb show with the ball, India bundled out the hapless West Indies for a meagre 182 runs in their first innings and then went on to score 157 for two in the second Test of Tendulkar`s farewell series.
"It`s a great feeling getting five wickets in a special Test match like this. When you get a five-wicket haul, it holds a special place for you. I would like to dedicate this haul to Sachin paaji. It is a special one. I am happy that I got this haul in his (Sachin) 200th Test," Ojha told reporters after the end of first day`s play here.
Ojha said he did not mind his performance getting overshadowed by Tendulkar show at the Wankhede Stadium.
"This Test match belongs to Sachin paaji. It`s a special one. We want him to get a lot of runs in this Test match. I don`t mind my performance getting overshadowed," he said.
While Ojha grabbed the spotlight in the first half of the day, it was the retiring legend, who held centrestage in the last session with his unbeaten 38.
The 27-year old Ojha, who was a bit unlucky in the first Test, was pick of the bowlers grabbing five for 40 in 11.2 overs in the second session of the day.
Ojha said the players were glued to their places when Tendulkar walked out to bat at exactly 3:33 pm to the deafening applause from the near-packed stadium.
"Everybody is a fan of Sachin paaji. When he walked out to bat, everyone was just standing or sitting where they were. We want him to play as long as he could. Everybody wants him to get runs in this Test match," he said, adding the other Indian batsmen would also look to pile on the misery on the visiting bowlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH