Postal stamp on Tendulkar
Mumbai: The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has decided to bring out a postal stamp, with retiring great Sachin Tendulkar`s photo, at the start of his landmark 200th and final Test match at the Wankhede Stadium, here.
"It was decided interalia to come out with commemorative postal stamp with Sachin`s photo at the presentation before the start of the match, followed by presentation to be made jointly by BCCI and MCA," the Association said in a statement.
In addition, a special coin would be used at the toss, which would be preserved by the MCA.
Besides, the MCA will also come out with a 64-page brochure consisting of articles, quotes on Tendulkar from personalities belonging to the fields of business, profession, sports, journalism.
Limited edition brochure and coins will be distributed to the MCA and BCCI members, the association said.
"Everyday there will be distribution of 10,000 face masks, 10,000 scorecards and 10,000 caps with Sachin`s photograph in different stands," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says