R Ashwin fifth fastest to reach 100 Test wickets, Dhoni completes 250 dismissals
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: MS Dhoni completed 250 dismissals as wicketkeeper in Test matches after he caught Tino Best off Pragyan Ojha. He also equalled the record of leading India for maximum number of Test matches with Sourav Ganguly.
The Indian skipper was on 248 when he started today’s match. His 249th dismissal was that of Darren Bravo and later he caught Best.
Dhoni is seventh in the list after Mark Boucher (555), Adam Gilchrist (416), Ian Healy (395), Rodney Marsh (355), Jeff Dujon (270) and Alan Knott (269).
Ravichandran Ashwin also took his 100th Test wicket. His 100th wicket was that of West Indies skipper Darren Sammy. He reached the landmark in just 18 Test matches making him fifth fastest in history to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail