R Ashwin fifth fastest to reach 100 Test wickets, Dhoni completes 250 dismissals
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: MS Dhoni completed 250 dismissals as wicketkeeper in Test matches after he caught Tino Best off Pragyan Ojha. He also equalled the record of leading India for maximum number of Test matches with Sourav Ganguly.
The Indian skipper was on 248 when he started today’s match. His 249th dismissal was that of Darren Bravo and later he caught Best.
Dhoni is seventh in the list after Mark Boucher (555), Adam Gilchrist (416), Ian Healy (395), Rodney Marsh (355), Jeff Dujon (270) and Alan Knott (269).
Ravichandran Ashwin also took his 100th Test wicket. His 100th wicket was that of West Indies skipper Darren Sammy. He reached the landmark in just 18 Test matches making him fifth fastest in history to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Bihar govt raises DA by 6% for workers
- Rio Olympics Goodwill Ambassador row: Yogeshwar Dutt criticised by Twitterati for opposing Salman Khan's appointment
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire