R Ashwin fifth fastest to reach 100 Test wickets, Dhoni completes 250 dismissals
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: MS Dhoni completed 250 dismissals as wicketkeeper in Test matches after he caught Tino Best off Pragyan Ojha. He also equalled the record of leading India for maximum number of Test matches with Sourav Ganguly.
The Indian skipper was on 248 when he started today’s match. His 249th dismissal was that of Darren Bravo and later he caught Best.
Dhoni is seventh in the list after Mark Boucher (555), Adam Gilchrist (416), Ian Healy (395), Rodney Marsh (355), Jeff Dujon (270) and Alan Knott (269).
Ravichandran Ashwin also took his 100th Test wicket. His 100th wicket was that of West Indies skipper Darren Sammy. He reached the landmark in just 18 Test matches making him fifth fastest in history to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days