R Ashwin fifth fastest to reach 100 Test wickets, Dhoni completes 250 dismissals
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: MS Dhoni completed 250 dismissals as wicketkeeper in Test matches after he caught Tino Best off Pragyan Ojha. He also equalled the record of leading India for maximum number of Test matches with Sourav Ganguly.
The Indian skipper was on 248 when he started today’s match. His 249th dismissal was that of Darren Bravo and later he caught Best.
Dhoni is seventh in the list after Mark Boucher (555), Adam Gilchrist (416), Ian Healy (395), Rodney Marsh (355), Jeff Dujon (270) and Alan Knott (269).
Ravichandran Ashwin also took his 100th Test wicket. His 100th wicket was that of West Indies skipper Darren Sammy. He reached the landmark in just 18 Test matches making him fifth fastest in history to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets