Sachin fan turns up at Eden dressed like Gandhi
Kolkata: Dressed like Mahatma Gandhi, a Sachin Tendulkar fan turned up on Friday at the Eden Gardens here to watch him play in his 199th and penultimate Test, against the West Indies.
Flaunting Khadi attire, round-framed spectacle and walking with a stick, Ranchi-based businessman Rajendra Kumar Rathore stood out in the whole crowd as his unique dress attracted the attention of TV cameras and photographers.
"This is my way of paying tribute to my favourite cricketer. I want to wish him all the best for a life after retirement as a cricketer," he said.
When asked why he chose Gandhi to communicate the message to Tendulkar, he said, "Just like Gandhi he has never showed any form of aggression or violent behaviour during matches."
Rathore also plans to watch the Mumbai Test beginning November 14 as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan