Sachin fan turns up at Eden dressed like Gandhi
Kolkata: Dressed like Mahatma Gandhi, a Sachin Tendulkar fan turned up on Friday at the Eden Gardens here to watch him play in his 199th and penultimate Test, against the West Indies.
Flaunting Khadi attire, round-framed spectacle and walking with a stick, Ranchi-based businessman Rajendra Kumar Rathore stood out in the whole crowd as his unique dress attracted the attention of TV cameras and photographers.
"This is my way of paying tribute to my favourite cricketer. I want to wish him all the best for a life after retirement as a cricketer," he said.
When asked why he chose Gandhi to communicate the message to Tendulkar, he said, "Just like Gandhi he has never showed any form of aggression or violent behaviour during matches."
Rathore also plans to watch the Mumbai Test beginning November 14 as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad