Sachin fan turns up at Eden dressed like Gandhi
Kolkata: Dressed like Mahatma Gandhi, a Sachin Tendulkar fan turned up on Friday at the Eden Gardens here to watch him play in his 199th and penultimate Test, against the West Indies.
Flaunting Khadi attire, round-framed spectacle and walking with a stick, Ranchi-based businessman Rajendra Kumar Rathore stood out in the whole crowd as his unique dress attracted the attention of TV cameras and photographers.
"This is my way of paying tribute to my favourite cricketer. I want to wish him all the best for a life after retirement as a cricketer," he said.
When asked why he chose Gandhi to communicate the message to Tendulkar, he said, "Just like Gandhi he has never showed any form of aggression or violent behaviour during matches."
Rathore also plans to watch the Mumbai Test beginning November 14 as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday