Sachin fan turns up at Eden dressed like Gandhi
Kolkata: Dressed like Mahatma Gandhi, a Sachin Tendulkar fan turned up on Friday at the Eden Gardens here to watch him play in his 199th and penultimate Test, against the West Indies.
Flaunting Khadi attire, round-framed spectacle and walking with a stick, Ranchi-based businessman Rajendra Kumar Rathore stood out in the whole crowd as his unique dress attracted the attention of TV cameras and photographers.
"This is my way of paying tribute to my favourite cricketer. I want to wish him all the best for a life after retirement as a cricketer," he said.
When asked why he chose Gandhi to communicate the message to Tendulkar, he said, "Just like Gandhi he has never showed any form of aggression or violent behaviour during matches."
Rathore also plans to watch the Mumbai Test beginning November 14 as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love