Sachin like a saint dedicated to cricket: Bahuguna
Dehradoon: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said Sachin Tendulkar was like "a saint who had dedicated his life to cricket."
"The glory he brought to the country through his cricketing feats can never be forgotten," Bahuguna told reporters here when asked to comment on the legendary cricketer`s retirement from the game.
The records that stand in his name will inspire cricketing geniuses of the future, he said.
The fact that he is playing his 200th test match shows his exemplary fitness levels, Bahuguna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement