Sachin, Sourav share a light moment at Eden
Kolkata: Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, who so far had an uneventful outing playing his 199th Test match at the Eden Gardens, Friday shared some lighter moment with former India captain Sourav Ganguly, during a Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) event at tea break to mark the maestro`s final appearance at the iconic ground.
On the third day, the CAB organised release of tri-coloured balloons attached to pictures of Tendulkar from across the ground. While rest of the bunch of balloons took off, the one being released by the maestro and his onetime opening partner Ganguly failed to rise.
Both Ganguly and Tendulkar then gave a push to make the balloons go up. The batting greats were then seen sharing a hearty laugh after the balloons finally set sail.
While Tendulkar - the batsman - failed to rise up to the expectation of the crowd, falling cheaply in India`s first innings, his much cheered three-over stint in the West Indies` second innings too went fruitless as he gave away 18 runs without any success.
In the first innings though he took a wicket which sent ripples of joy into the spectators watching the genius in action for the last time at the hallowed ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi