Shami, Bhuvneashwar make an excellent spearhead bowling attack
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Mohammed Shami made an excellent Test debut by scalping nine wickets against West Indies in the Kolkata Test. His ability to reverse swing the ball with deadly effect helped the Indian team take the lead in the two match Test series.
It’s not the first time Shami has impressed with his bowling. Recently, when Australian batsmen were thrashing Indian bowlers all over the park in the seven-match ODI series, Shami certainly came up with some excellent spells to put breaks on them. His speed is just perfect to provide him that extra bit of reverse swing with the old ball.
Even with the new ball he is capable of generating swing and the control that he has over his line and length is also impeccable which force batsmen to commit mistakes.
At the moment India also has Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has been impressive with the ball since his debut. His impeccable line and length and ability to swing the ball both ways help India to get those early wickets to put some early pressure on the opponents.
Both of them make an excellent spearhead bowling pair. And if Umesh Yadav with his fine pace and Zaheer Khan with his experience can join the Indian bowling brigade then it would surely solve the perennial problem of Indian fast bowling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat