Shikhar Dhawan wants to continue good habit of scoring tons
Kanpur: Shikhar Dhawan has been in the form of his life since his comeback into the Indian team last March and the dashing opener wants to continue with the "good habit" of scoring centuries and winning a lot more matches for India across all formats.
Dhawan smashed an attacking 119 off only 95 balls, his fifth ODI hundred, to clinch the ODI series with a a comfortable six-wicket win over West Indies in the third and final match at the Green Park here today. Since his comeback to the Indian side, he has hit six international tons including his blazing 187 on Test debut at Mohali.
"I am really thankful to God that he has given me such a beautiful year. I am really happy that I have been scoring lots of centuries. It`s a good habit and I want to continue this habit by winning lots of matches for my team," an elated Dhawan said at the post-match press conference after India clinched the ODI series with 23 balls to spare.
For Dhawan, the most satisfying aspect of his century is that it has helped the team win the match comfortably.
"I am very happy that I made a century and the team won. I have been getting starts in the last 2-3 matches but was not being able to convert them into big scores. It couldn`t have been better that I scored a century in the series deciding match," Dhawan said.
India next assignment is the tough tour to South Africa starting next week and Dhawan is confident of his good showing in the Rainbow nation.
"It`s always good to end a home series on a high note. This century is going to give me lot of confidence when I travel to South Africa."
A few months back, Dhawan went to South Africa with the India A team and scored a smashing 248 against South Africa A in a List A game.
"Of course, the last South Africa tour (with A team) is in my mind. It adds to my confidence because I scored lot of runs on South African pitches. That gives me a lot of confidence and I am really looking forward to the South Africa tour," he said.
Giving special importance to the series victory over the struggling West Indies, Dhawan said winning now has become a habit for the Indian team.
"It`s a good win for us. We have been winning tournaments on a trot now. We want to continue the momentum and win as many tournaments we can," he said.
He also had words of appreciation for Yuvraj Singh, who returned to form today with a fighting 55.
"Yuvi Paaji was playing well when he came into bat today. He played a beautiful knock and we both had a good partnership. For me, it was amazing to bat with Yuvi paaji because I have learnt lots of things from him and look up to him," Dhawan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India