Tendulkar`s farewell Test gets highest TV ratings in 8 years
Mumbai: Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test has illuminated as the highest rated match on TV in India in the past eight years.
The match garnered 1739 average TVTs, which remain unmatched since 2005. The two Test series against the West Indies, broadcasted by Star Sports, had the maximum channel share across all genres, during the six playing days of the series. In addition, www.starsports.com attracted 3.5 million visitors during the two matches.
“We are humbled that the maestro’s farewell series was played on our network and wanted to give him a befitting farewell. I am happy to note that cricket fans have appreciated our efforts," Star India head of sports business Nitin Kukreja said in a statement, Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union