Tendulkar`s farewell Test gets highest TV ratings in 8 years
Mumbai: Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test has illuminated as the highest rated match on TV in India in the past eight years.
The match garnered 1739 average TVTs, which remain unmatched since 2005. The two Test series against the West Indies, broadcasted by Star Sports, had the maximum channel share across all genres, during the six playing days of the series. In addition, www.starsports.com attracted 3.5 million visitors during the two matches.
“We are humbled that the maestro’s farewell series was played on our network and wanted to give him a befitting farewell. I am happy to note that cricket fans have appreciated our efforts," Star India head of sports business Nitin Kukreja said in a statement, Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi