We will all get emotional once Mumbai Test ends: Ashwin
Kolkata: Ravichandran Ashwin, one of the star performers in India`s comprehensive victory over West Indies, in the first Test feels that he would probably realize how emotional he is once Sachin Tendulkar has played his 200th and final Test match in Mumbai in another 10 days time.
"It`s definitely going to be an emotional moment for him (Tendulkar). Probably after the game, it`s going to be an emotional moment for all of us as well," there was a tinge of emotion in Ashwin`s voice as he spoke to the mediapersons after the team`s fantastic victory at the Eden Gardens.
Ashwin said that in his childhood, he got "cramps in stomach" once Tendulkar used to get dismissed.
"My stomach used to start cramping up when he got out leg before and all that. I think every youngster who loves the game in India has gone through that. But being in the dressing room is a little different to what it is," Ashwin said.
Ashwin admitted that it was indeed an overwhelming feeling to see the kind of reception Tendulkar got in his penultimate Test match.
"Having seen what happened in this Test match, I just can`t imagine what`s the (his) 200th Test is going to be like. It`s definitely going to be a memorable farewell for the big man and I think once we get, there I would probably know how I feel about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan