We will all get emotional once Mumbai Test ends: Ashwin
Kolkata: Ravichandran Ashwin, one of the star performers in India`s comprehensive victory over West Indies, in the first Test feels that he would probably realize how emotional he is once Sachin Tendulkar has played his 200th and final Test match in Mumbai in another 10 days time.
"It`s definitely going to be an emotional moment for him (Tendulkar). Probably after the game, it`s going to be an emotional moment for all of us as well," there was a tinge of emotion in Ashwin`s voice as he spoke to the mediapersons after the team`s fantastic victory at the Eden Gardens.
Ashwin said that in his childhood, he got "cramps in stomach" once Tendulkar used to get dismissed.
"My stomach used to start cramping up when he got out leg before and all that. I think every youngster who loves the game in India has gone through that. But being in the dressing room is a little different to what it is," Ashwin said.
Ashwin admitted that it was indeed an overwhelming feeling to see the kind of reception Tendulkar got in his penultimate Test match.
"Having seen what happened in this Test match, I just can`t imagine what`s the (his) 200th Test is going to be like. It`s definitely going to be a memorable farewell for the big man and I think once we get, there I would probably know how I feel about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends